1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where To GO???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Gatewayuser, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser Senior Member

Looks like we won't get any snow for another 2 weeks or more here in cinci.:cry:
    I'm about ready to put my 5 skids of ice melt on the trailer put my V plow on and head to a state where they actually get snow. I could stay until cinci gets snow so I can take care of everyone here.
    Where would be a good place to go?

2. makplow

makplow Senior Member

I guess Alaska, or Buffalo N.Y. :realmad:

3. kubotazd21

kubotazd21 Member

I think I am ready to go also. Brand new western plow and have not used it one single time. Farmers almanac says the end of next week winter storm coming to my region. I hope so. Need to make some cash to pay for christmas.

4. Gatewayuser

kubota
    I see you live in LaGrange my brother and his wife lived there until earlier this year, thats a nice little town except for the train tracks going through the streets in town town. What road do you live on?

5. kubotazd21

kubotazd21 Member

Right across the street from the wendys restaraunt and big o tires in crystal lake. I love living here. Been here since 1980

6. Gatewayuser

Yea, I have a new boss 8' V and spreader and I even bought a bigger truck but I will use it for my lawn and landscape business too. What really sucks is I bought $2,500:eek: in ice treatment thinking that it would snow soon.

7. kubotazd21

kubotazd21 Member

Hell I spent $4,200 on A new Western plow back last January and have not used it one time. I bet it has 2 inches of dust on it. I just can not wait to use it.

8. Gatewayuser

I remember now he lived on Fort Pickens Rd. That was scary in a storm because of being on a hill.

9. Gatewayuser

I have about 10K invested in snow plowing right now not including the truck.

10. kubotazd21

kubotazd21 Member

I know exactly where that is right beside Waynes farm equipment.

11. THE BOSS 1975

THE BOSS 1975 Senior Member

We always seem to make up for it in the end!! It may not snow for awhile but when it does its gonna come with a vengance(we hope) all the years i have been doing this i can only recall one time that it was like this in january and all of a sudden bam we got hit good ..It also seems to prolong our winters and get snow in march and beginning of april . But im with you we have been loading up and going north to help a friend..There they have snow !!!!!payup payup

12. Remsen1

Remsen1 Senior Member

well, if you seriously plan to pack up and leave, then the snow will definately come. I made sure that I am absolutely ready for snow, and so far it has worked... we haven't gotten any in a while. :)

13. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

No snow in Buffalo NY i was raking my yard Jan. 4th :salute:

14. AlwaysGreener

AlwaysGreener Senior Member

Same here. Setting up the crews with schedules for holiday take down. Starting with commercials and finish up next Friday with the residentials. Then finish up fall clean ups..going to be high 40s and low 50s next week, so good time for catch up.:)