1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

where to get STRONG trans ?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by blk90s13, Dec 14, 2007.

1. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

this is my second trans in less than a year and 14k miles where do i go to get a trans can hold up for the next 3-4 years and maybe 50k ? haha

i heard of suncoast trans in FL also maybe ATS ? who got what kind and how do you like it
  2. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Get a new truck. We blew 3 Trans in a 2001 cummins in about 5 months :realmad: Turns out it was only a module every time. Up til 04 or 05 when they revamped the truck line they sucked ass. The good thing is that year we were BLESSED. Got it all set up for winter pulled out of the yard turned left and a drunk hit us head on. FUBARED the truck, noone got hurt and the Ins totaled that LEMON of a truck. We bought 2 trucks with th money they gave us. :):D:drinkup:
  3. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I think you would be just fine with a Suncoast or an ATS. I wouldnt get there base set up though. Go for one of there real HD ones and you should have any problems. The only problem will be the hole in your wallet :dizzy:. Not cheap

Option III or IV for an ATS:

It looks like Suncoast only offers one style:

Hey, why do you have the gauges if you have an Edge? Is it theone with a toggle looking swith or something?
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2007
  4. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I have heard talk of a "bulletproof" trans for those trucks, but not sure where they are getting them. Try www.moparts.com it is a forum like this for all Dodge stuff
  5. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Most guys pumping serious horsepower go with a Dave Goerand trans, I believe his website is www.Goerandbros.com or something like that. They say he custom makes the trannies for your specific needs. SunCoast is also a good tranny builder as well.
  6. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Its www.goerend.com

Bulletproof transmissions, with incredible warranties.
  7. blk90s13

thanks guys i will check it out
  8. TEX

TEX Senior Member

go to cumminsforum.com and find DieselNut. jason knows them inside and out.
  9. blk90s13

yea i am searching there as well thanks
  10. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Thank you Johnny for posting the right link.

Guys, just an FYI from what I have read on other sites. Everyone who buys stuff from Dave Goerand says that he is extremely busy so he may not get back to you right away. They do say that his customer service is top notch though.
  11. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Check out DTT, too. Diesel Transmission Tech.

Stephan Kondolay, the owner, drove his Dodge from BC to Muncie, IN. Sledpulled all weekend, then drove back home!

Dude can work some magic with the Dodge automatic 48rfe.
  12. TEX

TEX Senior Member

talked to jason. he owns dieselnut motorsports, you may have seen him in the diesel power mag a few times. Gorends is what he recommends, if you have the $$$ a full billet if not billet input and output shaft for sure.
  13. elshauno

elshauno Member

apsprecision makes a great tranny and deals in only dodges
  14. Birneyj

Birneyj Junior Member

I havent tried Goerend or ATS, I hear they are outstanding trannies. I have personal experience with DTT. This tranny is bulletproof. The 01 now has almost 200,000 miles on the DTT trannie. This truck pulles heavy and plows hard. The even have some fun racing bikes with it. I usuall make a good showing up to about 110mph against the rice rockets.
  15. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

What ever you do, make sure they put in new tranny coolers. The old ones are plugged up and don't work right and cause new tranny to over heat and not last long. This is why replacement tranny don't last long from my personal experience.