1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to get strobes in Canada???

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by bowtie_guy, Sep 12, 2007.

1. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Any canadian members know of a good spot to buy strobe kits from?? The $ is real high right now so getting from the states isn't out of the question the thing is UPS charges outragious brokerage fees. I e-mailed vlsusa.com to see if they sell to canada. Time will tell.

2. Squid327WFD3

Squid327WFD3 Junior Member

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I think the ones I put in my truck are from Star and they sell them at most auto part stores. I got mine at UAP about 5 years ago and they still work fine. I put them in my front and back lights. IMO I like a strobe that goes on the roof or backrack better, they are cheaper and more visible but the inlight strobes are cooler looking. I haven't decided what I'm doing with my new truck yet. By the way Bowtie I'm Farmer Dave from Diesel Place.
  4. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Cool, thanks for the info.

Dave, the truck in the avitar looked familiar. How does the plow look now with the lift??
    I have a mini grote rotator bar but want some corner stobes as well, have always wanted a set. Found 2, 4, and 6 head units. Just attempting to think where the extra 2 could go. :drinkup:

Sent off some e-mails questioning prices shipped to me. Will see who actually gets back to me. I forgot about SWS Dave. We use them at work. triple flash single strobes.
  5. Squid327WFD3

Squid327WFD3 Junior Member

what color do you need i might be able to work out something for you
  6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Isn't this the sell all store?:D tymusic

7. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

That would be good. I'd like to find a kit with 2 amber ones and then 2 or 4 clear. In the tail light it's red so would be great being clear. Amber for the front. :D

Tried to PM you but it's disabled.
  8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Crappy tire is all right for washing stuff, but most of there auto parts are overpriced and the kids that work there know nothing. If you want anything out of the norm, don't go there.
  9. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

What ever happend to customer service?? I e-mailed a bunch of placed and no one replied. Some even have Sales@ e-mail addys.
  10. jhook

jhook Senior Member

I have bought most of my stuff in from strobesnmore.com the past couple of years. Most of the stuff in Canada is so way overpriced that the shipping from US looks free. BTW, always ask if they will ship via post instead of UPS. Brokerage fees are much lower.
  11. Prof Touch L&L

Prof Touch L&L Member

Try General Welding in Elma NY. Off RT 400 expressway off the 90. If you need more info let me know. They carry Star products.
  12. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

USPS also much cheaper on the brokerage fees. Strobes n more is a good guy to deal with. Bought my slimlighter and whelen guardian mini bar from him.

13. 01CTD2500

01CTD2500 Member

We have 6 strobe kits in all the farm trucks (silverado 2500hds) and 2 go in the DRL spot, 2 in the reverse lights and 2 in the cargo light part of the 3rd brake light.. looks great and you cant miss them when they are on!
  14. jhook

jhook Senior Member

Now the cargo light is one that I had not thought of.

I had thought of putting some in the front but I am concerned that plowing at night, they would be reflecting off my plow and drive me batty. I know guys do it, how do you find it at night?
  15. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

you get used to it
  16. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Strobesnmore.com is a really good place to buy when living in Canada. I bought a 90 watt Whelen system and switch for $295.98 with shipping included. There was no duty because they said it cost only $2, I didn't ask them to do that but I was happy. I ordered them on Sunday night and got them Wednesday. The same kit here is like $500.
  17. jhook

jhook Senior Member

I got another couple of sets form them again recently, very happy.

I got a set of 4 strobes and then figured out that I could hook it up such that I could turn off the front ones - very nice feature. So during the day I run all 4 strobes (one in each corner) and at night I can turn off the front ones so they aren't annoying me. Solved that problem.