1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

where to get salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by mikes plowing, Jun 18, 2007.

1. mikes plowing

mikes plowing Member
    from cent pa

Any on know where I can get salt this time of year. I need to start getting some for the up comings season. Should be cheaper. I live in cent pa
  2. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Most places wont have any salt in stock till September. Your best sale prices are normally the "Early Bird Specials" when you buy be for November or something like that. I would just keep your cash in the bank for now payup
  3. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

call some trucking companies i your area (the ones with flowboys or semi & dump trailers). They will know or can point you in the right direction.
  4. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

5. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Large bulk amounts really aren't available until September here. However, next week I will be getting my order up. My supplier gives the best prices to the earliest customers. If we can guarantee him a certain quanity for his first orders he gets a good price and passes some of the savings on to me. The only negative is we have to take delivery by first week in October, and therefore we have to be able to store it.

I would figure out what you want and start shopping now for fall delivery.
  6. Dailylc

Dailylc Senior Member

Just got my bulk pricing from North American Salt. Give them a call and see if they can help. Under contract, I agree to buy 80% of the contract amount and they agree to have 100% of my estimated use on hand for the season. The man I deal with is Pat Heenan (Director of Sales) at 1800-323-1641 We are talking about bulk salt not bagged.Hope this will help you out, I talked with someone else up in your neck of the woods last winter and they were able to supply him with his salt needs.