1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

where to get salt/sand in Boston area

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by bignatewilson, Jan 16, 2008.

1. bignatewilson

bignatewilson Junior Member

hello all, i'm a newcomer to the forum.
    I'm thinking of starting to sand along with plowing.
    in the boston/south of boston area, where can i get a yard of sand, or salt/sand mix dropped in a sander from a bucket when i need it?

2. bignatewilson

bignatewilson Junior Member

Salt/Sand in Boston area

still no replies?
    does anyone actually get sand this way?
    how else do you guys get your sand may I ask?
    please any ideas would help.

3. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Hmmm...tight lipped bunch huh? :sleeping:

I just do one client in particular so I bought a few bags of rock salt at HD and "borrowed" some sand from a local pile hereabouts...I'm talking a couple shovels full...

My brother gave me the name of someone who supplies this stuff last week...I'll ask him again because I forgot.

4. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Start calling local sandpits or gravel pits and see if they sell a mix or if they know someone local who does.

5. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Check the yellow pages in your area for gravel pits or quarries nearby!

6. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

Or if you only have a couple of small areas then goto Home Depot or a local hardware store and buy 50 lb bags of all purpose sand. I use that and bagged rock salt thru my tailgate speader and it works the balls. It runs about $2-$3 a bag

7. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

There are places near me (Attleboro), but I doubt you want to travel that far. One place near me is also a magic salt distributer. They have big bags you can buy if you have a machine to pick them with.

8. Moose1

Moose1 Junior Member

P.A. Landers.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  9. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

where abouts in attleboro?
    where do you get magic salt also?

10. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

Boro sand is the distrubitor for the area, also JE case is a dealer. I know boro had the 1 yard bags, I dont know if there are any left.

11. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

I live right down the street from boro I should have known.

thanks
    -James

12. scitown

scitown Senior Member

Where do you get yours in pembroke? Does the new place by the christmas tree shop do sand and salt? I know they do some landscape supplies but I have never been up there.

13. I don't buy sand or salt. But I've driven by a bunch of sand and gravel businesses which probably do sell.

14. tplco

tplco Junior Member
    from mass.

Sam White and Sons.

15. SALCORP

SALCORP Junior Member
    from MASS

Hyde park masonry in hyde park close to dedham sells sand and salt mix and straight salt open 24 hours during storms and 7-4 reg hours they always have 300 ton on hand always and 100 ton of mix alonmg with trailer loads of magic salt in bag