1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to get Salt for a lot

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by 5KWhite, Jan 25, 2010.

1. 5KWhite

5KWhite Junior Member

Hey Guys,
    I am new to the forum and well to plowing, and In order for me to put a bid on a contract I need to have a price for salting, they are currently paying $85 for salt, I am wondering where a good place is to get salt around the rochester NY area. I've worked at this place for over 5 years and they have salted maybe 2 times in that time span. Thanks for the help everyone!
  2. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Get the Phone Book out...Look under Salt, Bulk Salt, Landscape Supplies,Snow Removal, Salting..ETC......:confused:
  3. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

What kind of spreader do you have?If you just need bags you can get them at any hardware store or home dopot or lowes.If you buy more you get a better deal.If you need bulk they usually have it at local gravel banks
  4. 5KWhite

5KWhite Junior Member

Thank you guys very much...
  5. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

Figure out how your going to apply it first. It may be easier to sub contract someone and let them worry about getting the salt, especially if is very rare for them to have you apply salt.