1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to get rubbler deflector material in MA/ S.NH??

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by jbird902, Dec 3, 2009.

1. jbird902

jbird902 Junior Member

Like title says, I am looking for a piece of rubber maybe 3/8-1/2" x 12" x 9' for my 9 HD. Im located in MA/S.NH. Any help is appreciated guys.

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/9-FT...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item1c07cdd5c8

most of these guys will do custom sizes also.

and with 12" you will need to install limiting chains for the flap. 1 per end and 1 in the middle. it it will flap vary bad at road speed driving from place to place. i have a belt flap on my 8ft and i had this stuff and made one and i had to do this. i wouldnt cut it down to 8" tho i like it setup like this. and i used threaded links on each chain so i can change the pitch of the rubber at each end.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  3. ticki2

ticki2 Senior Member
    from NH

Try a sand & gravel pit or a concrete plant , they usually have old belting you can get cheep or free.

4. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Take ticki2's advice, that old conveyor belt make a great snow flap.

5. Bernie Lomax

Bernie Lomax Senior Member

6. brfootball45

brfootball45 Senior Member

im looking for one as well, hoping to find something local though

7. provfirescott

provfirescott Senior Member
    from Ma

Anyone have pics of the chains installed mine flaps crazy

8. sweetk30

will get pics of mine for ya.

9. sweetk30

here ya go.

and the big washers on the eye bolts are fender washers.

last pic is the center chain. drilled a hole in the blade and used a eye bolt to atach it.

plow foil limit chains 001.jpg

plow foil limit chains 002.jpg

plow foil limit chains 003.jpg

plow foil limit chains 004.jpg

10. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

How does that belt stay curved down like that since the chain isnt keeping pressure on it? Or does it just hang there like a limp you know what?

11. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i have 1000s of feet if u cant find any

12. sweetk30

well not to brag but its 12" long and when its not workin it likes to hang out there .:jester:

when plowin you stick your head out the window and the snow is shootin out the side of the blade and rubber flap like a gun. it works perfectly.

13. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

the chain is there probably to stop the rubber from lifting to high or folding backwards I had the rubber on my plow but it was reinforced with steel so no chain required I think the rubber was from mac mastercarr

14. sweetk30

yep like i said in my first post in this thread. itflapped bad at speed on road . and highway flipped up and blocked air. chains made it work the best as a foil and unlike the fisher steel unit that bends up under heavy use mine just flexes.

15. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Morrissey how much for the rubber,and where are you located?

16. tewtone

tewtone Junior Member
    from MA

Morrisey I'm interested in some as well, located in marlborough would need 9ft

17. bikernut

bikernut Junior Member

another good thing for a plow flap is an old snowmobile drive belt and of course you have to remove the traction studs if they had them.

18. Tim94gt

Tim94gt Junior Member
    from Ma.

That's great. I have the same deflector and never thought of putting a few chains on it.

Thanks,
    Tim

19. sweetk30

yep i love the limit chains.

just had it out last week plowin some. watchin that snow come shootin out the ends so perfect. but almost nothin over the top.

and fyi if i didnt say before. my rubber flap has 12" of stick out past the blade edge. not the 7-8 inch like the other guys sell. thats why limit strap/chins to begin with. but has worked perect.

20. glennemay

glennemay Member

Don't worry my 12" hangs there over the top as well. But man, as soon as I put a bit of a breeze across the foil it stands up like a champ. :jester: