1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to get PC Board for Fishstick...at an affordable price :)

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by plowguy43, Jan 21, 2010.

1. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm pretty sure mine is gone. I realized last night that my controller is causing any jerking, freezing, no angle, no raise issues that my plow has been having. I found this out by pushing the outermost edges of the buttons and the plow works perfect, if I push anywhere but there, it goes crazy and locks up on me.

So- instead of spending $2xx on a new controller, I was wondering where the best, cheapest, place to buy a new circuit board is?

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Lang's & MESSer are the same at $175, and CPW is $176 + shipping. 56473 is the part number. You may want to call Messer though, they sometimes take in used ones when people upgrade and keep there housings. I need mine this weekend for a repo with a plow, but I can lend it to you next week if you need it.

3. plowguy43

Thanks for the info- I thought they would've been higher than that. Not a bad deal...I put a call into Quirk in Manchester since we have a wholesale parts account with them, waiting for them to call back. If they aren't much lower I'll just head to MESSer.

Thanks for your offer as well- I think this thing can make it through a storm if I stick to the edges, its just annoying.

What do you do with those plows after they are REPO'd? Or maybe I should ask- how do I buy that plow you are repo'ing lol

4. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

I have one.....

5. plowguy43

Well I technically have one too, but it doesn't work...are you looking to sell? lol

6. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

yes, I pm'd you

7. RepoMan207

from Maine

They go to auction with the truck unfortunetly.....that is if the owner doesn't payup. Alot of times if the dead beat debtors knows the bank is coming for there stuff they will sell the plow for the extra coin or hide it for further use.

8. plowguy43

Got ya!

PM'd you back GrnMtn

9. LON

LON Senior Member

if you don't find one PM me. Have 1 on the shelf.

10. carlriv2

carlriv2 Senior Member
    from Mass

On the same note, I need a new board for an older ezv plow with the mode button. The wire is the screw in 10 pin type. The local dealer said I can not use the new style board and that I need to buy a new controller and harness. Does anyone know if the board is indeed compatable, I assumed it would be until I was told otherwise. Part # 's?? Thanks

11. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

I would just update to the new controller it is a much better design. I know when I asked at my dealer they said the old style stick and board were discontinued

12. carlriv2

carlriv2 Senior Member
    from Mass

I plan on selling this truck, and dont want to spend the $350.00. Also I have been told both ways that the new board would work in the old controller, and that it wont. There is a board that works with the "10 pin".... Looking for more definiative answer, thanks.

See part 96449

http://www.fisherplows.com/pdf/96446.05_060108.pdf

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  13. plowguy43

Thanks guys I bought GrnMtns off of him. I can get Fisher parts at a discount-$150 for this board, so if you want I can check o them for you.

14. LON

LON Senior Member

15. plowman_25

plowman_25 Member

i bought my ezv fishstick at messers for 325

16. carlriv2

carlriv2 Senior Member
    from Mass

LON, Thanks for the info, not really what I wanted to see. I will take those papers to the dealer and see what they say it looks like $350... but I wonder what the entire controller goes for, thats crazy.

17. RepoMan207

from Maine

I could be wrong, but I think your looking for 96449, there about $180. It's a board and pad. No harness, but if you have a 10 pin harness, your all set.

http://www.ashsupply.com/fisher_parts.php?part=3-125

http://www.langscornergarage.com/fisher_parts.php?part=3-125

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  18. carlriv2

carlriv2 Senior Member
    from Mass

This is what I thought... but if the harness and board have an updated plug inside? I will need to check with local dealer (with parts breakdowns in hand).

19. RepoMan207

from Maine

Oh yeah, I see what you guys are referring to now. I just had to piece one together so I could have one for my truck, Apparently I got lucky with old stock or something. Call Lang's, that's where I got mine.

Another thought is Ebay or CL, I just saw one for $150 the other day. I was wishing I had thought of it sooner.

20. LON

LON Senior Member

I have a board on the shelf. Will send ya a PM.