1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to get old Meyer full Hydraulic pump

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by GripTruk, Jan 30, 2004.

1. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

The pump on my old Meyer full hydraulic setup is on its way out... quickly, I doubt it will be able to work for the next storm (possibly in a few days), so I NEED a replacement, and quick. According to everyone I talk to, including my Meyer rep, there is basically nothing as far as parts support is concerned for these old setups.
    As far as we can tell, this is basically just a power steering pump with a remote reservoir instead of an on-board one. It has the exact same shaft as the PS pump on my Jeep.
    I have no idea where to get a pump like this, but I'm sure they are out there. I've heard some older corvettes had a similar pump, does anyone know?
    If I could go to the junk yard or parts store and say "I need a power steering pump for _____" that would help a lot.
    If anyone knows the manufacturer of the pump or a similar pump and where to get it, that would be great too. Any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jer

2. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

Go to a place that workd on hydraulic pumps for equipment, or go to an old auto parts store and see if they can match it up. Not a parts america type store the counter guys only know whats in the computer. Another option is to chang over to the fisher style pump under the hood electric.

The old corvettes and the old chevy novas used the same steering set up.

3. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

Thanks, Matt

4. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Hey Grip Truk, if you want to take a ride to SI I have a Meyer pump someone gave me. I don't know if it works but you can have it.

5. Tommy10plows

Tommy10plows Senior Member

need a hyrdraulic Myers?

Call Monarch Road Machinery in Grand Rapids Michigan. Their pumps were made for Myers.

Almost all Jeeps came with their pumps, either a pump with integral tank like the Monarch Hy-Lo, or a separate tank and a belt driven pump that mounted to the engine head.

6. apkole

apkole Member

Mason Dynamics in Grand Rapids is the authorized dealer and repair facility for Monarch pumps and systems. Jeff and his crew are THE answer to snowplow hydraulic systems. Jeff's father, Norm, has been around since before hydro-turn began. These guys know the systems, from very old to the very latest. Try them at 616-785-8534, M-F normal business hours. This is one vendor who truly understands snowplowers and the challenges we face.

Andy

7. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

8. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

Wow, that's really nice of you SIPlowguy, I hate to do that, but it looks like we might get a storm on monday, and I can't just not plow, I have contracts!
    I was planning on going somewhere in Yorktown or something saturday (today) so I might be able to re-route myself.

I'd like to stick with the old fasioned full hydro for nostalgia's sake, but if this doesn't take care of the problem I may have to find myself an E-47 or something.

SI, I sent you a PM with my e-mail, if you don't get it, please post here.

Thanks, Jer