1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to get ladder rack like this

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NEUSWEDE, Feb 16, 2005.

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

I used Paint to do this, I have seen a lot of truck with bars like this to hold lights in the pick-up bed. Not a track rack, this is all metal and one piece. Is there a source or are people making them themselves. I really just want to know how they are mounted. I want to do one for my 2004 350

Attached Files:

2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

i have a back rack, which looks like your pic but with bars going horizontal across where the back window would be.
  3. CrazyCooter

CrazyCooter Senior Member

Jimminy crickets,

Easy mount, me bucko, modified to however you wish to utilize it. Flat on angle iron for the base by the cag, with angle iron running out the truck bed, with cut triangles for bracing the corners or angle iron again. It all depends on how you plan to mount it (the rack, that is), and what you want for available hookups and what stress poundage you want. You can make it for 15 bucks, and have it wiggle round, or ou can spend 100 and have it done right. All depends on what you want, when you want it, and who can do it.

That MS paint tis awesome, taint it? :nod:

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Crazy you going to help me?
    I just e-mailed you pictures of my lettering
    let me know the rack is doable
  5. GSE

GSE Senior Member

Check out www.protech.net I run their racks on all my trucks and love em! A bit pricey, but very sharp looking and well built. I'll see if I can get a picture of one of mine if you're interested.....
  6. Blizzard Plower

Blizzard Plower Junior Member
    from Il

I made mine