1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to get IT Style Quick Couplers???

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by 4x4Farmer, Jan 6, 2009.

1. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Im trying to find out where I can get the Integrated Toolcarrier Style attachment to weld onto a pusher that we have. Can I get the hooks for that at the cat dealer or does some one else machine these? I have searched the internet and all I can find is info on the attachment system! I know how it works I just want to buy the bucket side of the attachment system. Help ME
  2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Go to whoever makes dirt buctets and attachments or just ask your heavy equipment dealer,
  3. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

I traced a set of hooks onto paper for my Cat 416, brought it to my welder and had him make me up an attachment for a 11' highway plow wirks great, but this guy I have is good. Bring it to someone who can fabricate. My tool carrier uses about 1.5" steel, I only used 3/4" out of the scrap yard and just doubled up on the top end. He cut these by hand with a torch but looks like a laser cut it.
  4. cjm8232

cjm8232 Member

Best bet is to go to your CAT Dealer. You will need your machine's serial # and they should be able to get you the hooks.
  5. blackdogdm

blackdogdm Junior Member

quick tach brackets

A good fabrication shop with a plasma or burning table should be able to make up the brackets you need to mount the quick tach. They would just need to see a similar attachment to copy the design.
  6. cjm8232

cjm8232 Member

Whoever makes your ears, the install is equally critical and can require a lot of fabrication. Just make sure you follow CAT's install instructions. It gets expensive to install them once, then torch them off and install again if the first install wasn't correct. Good luck!
  7. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  8. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

I that link shows the pricing for a quick coupler on an excavator. Either way over $2,000.00 is a rip off. you can usually find forks for IT machines in the $1500 - $2500 range on Craigs List
  9. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

What size machine and what size hooks?
  10. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Henke Manufacturing out of Leavenworth, KS makes them for a lot less. Give them a call @ 913-682-9000.