1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to get directionals bulbs for MMII plow?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mkwl, Jan 6, 2008.

1. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Can anyone tell me where I might find the bulbs for the directionals on my Fisher MMII plow (not the intensifires)? My dealer doesn't stock them. Also, what are the specs on the bulb/code?

Thanks,
    Matt

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Should be a 4157 bulb... any local car dealership or parts store should have them.

You can use a 3157 as a substitute..not quite as bright as the 4157 though.

3. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

I run 3157's-No problems

4. Probably a dumb question, but whats the difference between an 1157, 3157, and 4157?

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The 4157 and 3157 are basically the same as far as size and socket type (flat plastic push in base) but the 4157 are brighter.

The 1157's are the old style bulbs with the round brass base.

All are duel filament (marker/ brake or turn)

6. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Which one comes "stock" in the plow? I need to replace one on each side and don't really want to have one brighter than the other.

Thanks,
    Matt

So all I have to do is walk into the auto store, give them that number and they'll know which bulb I need?

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

4157's are the "stock" bulbs.

And yes, 4157 is the bulb number you want to tell them.

8. Well...I'm OLD so I guess that's why I never heard of them.

9. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Motorman I think I may have seen you in Danvers a few weeks ago....Is your truck a dark color and the TIR3s are under the tailgate?

10. Sorry..

My TIR3s are on the plow frame facing forward, my tailight strobes are to the rear. I could have easily been in Danvers since I'm in the next town over, but sorry. Does your business have anything to do with a tractor trailer?

11. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

What town are you from?

12. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

What kind of dealer doesnt stock bulbs?????????

13. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

He probably couldn't sell them as cheaply as an autozone, VIP, advanced auto, etc. and usually those stores are more convenient to go to anyway...so why stock something that he probably wouldn't sell...JMO

14. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

It's an 1157 bulb,he said he does NOT have the Intensifiers,come on guys,he's gonna look funny trying to stick that 3157 in the 1157 hole:dizzy:

15. tkrepairs

tkrepairs Senior Member
    from maine

mines the 1157. didnt even know they were using the wedge base bulbs now, that must be an intensifire upgrade. id like a set of those.... seeing how every bulb other than headlights in my truck is 3157/4157, that way id only have to keep one style on hand for replacement.

16. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Right, I have the regular "older style" lights, NOT the intensifires- so the correct bulb is the 1157 then? Also- can I get the amber lens off by itself or do I have to take off the whole front of the assembly to get to the bulbs?

17. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

1157 and 2 screws to get the amber lens off.