1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to get Clear Lane?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by PerfiCut Inc., Sep 30, 2010.

1. PerfiCut Inc.

PerfiCut Inc. Senior Member
    from Eastern

Anyone know where to get this stuff in the Baltimore area?
  2. Westhardt Corp.

Westhardt Corp. Senior Member

ClearLane is Cargill's mag-treated product. You should be able to get it from the nearest Cargill terminal.

A quick search turned up this:

Cargill Salt
    11055 Philadelphia Rd
    White Marsh, MD 21162-1721
    (410) 335-0956

IDK the area well, but that's in Baltimore county.

3. Bigsnowny

Bigsnowny Member

You should try Magic Salt or Magic O liquid.

Clear Path Products
    714 Philadelphia Road
    Joppa, MD 21085
    Phone: 410-679-3100
    Fax: 410-538-4024
    Email: brian@akehurst.com
  4. charlefoxtrtot

charlefoxtrtot Member
    from MD

Clear lane

Harvey Salt 410-391-9100
  5. PerfiCut Inc.

PerfiCut Inc. Senior Member
    from Eastern

Yea! I would but he apparently doesnt check his E-mail. And from what I gather they have more customers then they need, because I have called them twice now, and I still have not had anyone call me back about this product.

Oh well, Ill get my 200 Tons from Cargill.
  6. Westhardt Corp.

Curious to know what "white-gold" price Magic will carry this year.

7. Bigsnowny

Bigsnowny Member

Westhardt Corp., Sounds like your not a big fan of Magic Salt. Why is that?
  8. Westhardt Corp.

I wouldn't necessarily say I'm not a fan. I know several contractors that rave about the product and how well it works-no argument with its performance (which is comparable to other treated products that are mostly mag-based with a carb and some additional stuff) My issue comes from the exorbitant pricing that I've seen. There's just no reason for it, IMHO. I've done the research, and I know (as much as anyone can, really) what's in it and who makes it. The liquid that "makes the Magic" (pun intended) is similar to other carb-added liquids--no big surprises to be had. It may just be this area, but the pricing information I received from the local distributors about knocked me out. One can expect a 30% +/- premium (over conventional bulk) for a treated product....not the 130% pricing I was given. No performance in the world is worth that premium. Well, except for maybe Prop 49, but that's only because "it's used at the White House"...and cures baldness, cancer--it can even reverse the effects of death, they say.

You might ask "have you considered becoming a distro?" Yes, but I've also heard from some peers that it's not a wise move, and they are difficult to deal with. There are other reasons, but none related to the product itself.