1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to get Calcium Chloride in W. KS or E COLO?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by BrokenMRanch, Oct 25, 2013.

1. BrokenMRanch

BrokenMRanch Junior Member

I have a couple of places that decided they don't want salt on their lots and would prefer calcium chloride instead. Where is the best place to get bags of this. I imagine need a couple pallets to get started, is the application rate less than with rock salt? Thanks!

2. liquidsnowmelt

liquidsnowmelt Junior Member

Calcium chloride will do the same damage as salt does. Our liquid is for anti icing/deicing and is chloride free. We are thing to do away with salt and calcium chloride or Cut down the use drastically

3. BrokenMRanch

BrokenMRanch Junior Member

Thats kinda what I thought. Would I be better off with magnesium chloride? I am stuck with a spreader for now, but looking into liquid.

4. liquidsnowmelt

liquidsnowmelt Junior Member

Magnesium chloride is definitely more toxic than calcium chlroide

5. Schoenberg Salt

Schoenberg Salt Member

If you need calcium pricing please email us at wintersales@gosalt.com and I can forward your information to a distributor.