1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

where to get bagged salt in new york?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by m3klee, Sep 6, 2011.

1. m3klee

m3klee Member

Just got into salting last year and did well with getting it from local places but where do you guys get your bagged salt from? Im looking to get 2 or 3 pallets and not sure who to buy from.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You close to any Lesco stores?

1374 Route 82
    Hopewell Junction, NY 12533-3312
    Clifford Potter

3. m3klee

m3klee Member

never heard of that place before, im in saugerties, about an hour south of albany

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

5. m3klee

m3klee Member

thanks for the info I'll have to give them a call

6. grnstripes

grnstripes Senior Member

i have pallets of treated salt comming in if your interested i can deliver

7. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Tractor supply has it on special now as well , check a bunch of suppliers. It never hurts to have mire than one place

8. m3klee

m3klee Member

ok guys the best price ive found so far is $6 a bag, anyone know of anyplace else to call. again im new to buying salt like this so i really dont know where to look and have searched and not found to much near me

9. 2ExploreSnow

2ExploreSnow Member

Did you check JD landscapes yet? Their salt price is less than $5 a bag for 2+ pallets, just over $5 for 1 pallet or less. That's NY pricing. They also sell Blue lighning, which is much higher and leaves a strong blue residue (why Deere is selling blue, I don't know :D ) , but allows people to see what's been done.

... btw the Binghamton location just closed a few days ago and moved up to the Syracuse.

10. Mike NY

Mike NY Senior Member
    from zone 5

Try Gallivan in Troy. Cargel in Albany.

11. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Check Spin-Webber up in Kingston,right by you.My Magic dealer in Pok. also might have some straight salt in bags also. PM me for more info if you want.

12. jdiller

jdiller Junior Member

Call Rousseau's Nursery in Wyckoff, NJ. Very cheap price on bagged rock salt. 201 848 1904

They deliver to NY or you can pick it up.