1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to get a VBlade around Kitchener, Ontario

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by PlatinumTurbo, Jul 30, 2010.

1. PlatinumTurbo

PlatinumTurbo Junior Member

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a dealer not too far from Kitchener/Waterloo Ontario to install a VBlade on my 2010 F350. Who would you recommend? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Mark @ Nestech Sales and Service... You can even PM him on here... I believe his name is Nestech if you just do a user search... :drinkup:

Super Awsome guy! Great service!

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

General Welding in buffalo for your new Boss V Plow!

4. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Their prices can't be beat.

5. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

It is well worth the trip to cross the border into the states and buy one. You will save a lot of money.

I priced a new Boss 8'2" poly V XT, just the blade crate only (MSC10282B) from my local Canadian distributor and was quoted around $6,300 CDN with smart lock cylinders.

I talked to a Boss sub dealer that is just on the other side of the border in Maine, an hour from me. He quoted me $2,110 US which is $2,158 in CDN funds. This price also includes Smart Lock cylinders.

The US dealer I talked to told me he gets a lot of Canadian customers, and why not when you consider the cost of a new plow in Canada, can almost get you two new ones in the states.

6. Triple L

from Canada

WOW are you sure? That sounds crazy cheap!!!

7. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Plow only though... could be.

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Not likely but could be. Maybe a forklift ran over it.

9. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

or a truck dropped it.

10. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Or it's a snoway painted red.

11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Mega Red. LOL

12. Triple L

from Canada

Dont go using the word Mega there Dave.... Snoway Owns that word LOL

13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You're pricing apples to oranges. MSC10282B is ONLY the blade crate, which gives you nothing more than the wings assembled with edges. When you contacted your Canadian dealer he likely priced you the COMPLETE plow less truck side which is what you were really after. The other dealer only priced you the blade crate (which does run around $2200) you inquired about. Two completely different things at a substantial cost difference.

14. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Get ESI to send you one. These things are pretty easy to install and once you have done the install you have a better idea where to look if it breaks down.

15. Triple L

from Canada

That makes sense now.... Alot of good the blade will do without any headlights, pump, wiring, or harness...

Thanks B&B....

16. PlatinumTurbo

PlatinumTurbo Junior Member

Thanks guys,

I contacted the places you mentioned, now I'm waiting for them to get back to me. As for getting one shipped here and installing it myself, I've done that once before and prefer not to do it this time. I want it installed by a dealer and serviced by a dealer

17. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

That was my fault B&B, I've been working to many 15 hr days lately and haven't fully recovered from them. What I really wanted was the complete off truck set up, I'm not looking for the truck side (I don't need it). Now the off truck price at the CDN dealer which is $6,300 with smart locks, add 13% sales tax comes to $7113.00

I did ask for a price on a plow complete with everything, a 9'2" steel with smart locks. Price was $4700. I presently have a 3 year old 8'2" poly with snow deflector, no smart lock cylinders this plow (complete) had cost with tax $8000 CDN new three years ago. So most likely it will be more now.

My point is you should be able to save at least a couple thousand by going to the states, the more we pay in Canada means we will pay even more with the high sales tax.

I have deffenatly, thought about Jim at ESI, problem is needing a commercial address and a fork lift to unload.

18. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

You will save a few thousand dollars on the exact same V XT if you buy from the States. The dealers here in Canada are out to lunch. Maybe there is too many hands involved, idk, but the pricing is insane. I got a pretty good deal on mine up north here but had to drive to Niagra Falls to pick it up. A little further and I woulda saved yet another $1400.
    Service is of course an important factor for some but it aint cheap in this country.
    I will plan ahead better and cross the border next time $$.