1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to get a cheap switch box?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by rusty_keg_3, Dec 28, 2010.

1. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 Senior Member

Ok, ive been working on some lights for my truck... So far ive got 2 pn the bumper tied indo my reverse lights... And 2 on thebbulk head wired toba cheap switch... Ansbim deciding on a rotar now (lookimg at a dual rotar code 3)... And i wnt a box with at least 4 switches... And ibwould prefer it has fuses... Ibfound 1 with 4 and fuses for $60 today but was hoping i could find 1 cheaper... Any suggestions?

2. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

$60 for a 4 switch box is fair price imo. to be honest ive found them at auctions and stuff a lot off work trucks for cheap though.try craigslist maybe? if not you could always make one for cheap if your handy, just a bit more work

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

4. Brian in MO

Brian in MO Junior Member
    from NE MO

Might try Radio Shack, I've bought several different shape boxes both pastic and metal from them over the years. I also noticed a local electic supply company had several sitting on their counter the last time I was in there.
  5. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

6. squeaky3

squeaky3 Senior Member

7. rusty_keg_3

pic please... Which one did you get? and do these have fuses?

8. squeaky3

squeaky3 Senior Member

heres a pic of mine mounted

and yes it is fused for the switches but i added a 25 amp inline fuse because i ran about 5ft of wiring to the switch box
  9. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

Here is the one I mounted in my Super Duty it's the same one that squeaky3 has.

10. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

I have 5 function (switches) starting at 59.99 brand new.
  11. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I just ordered one this morning. Hope to get it next week sometime.
  12. 7d9_z28

7d9_z28 Senior Member

i couldnt find a decent cheap one so i bought an aluminum project box at radio shack for 2.99, and male and female 12 pin connector set. building my own (almost done)
  13. rusty_keg_3

I just made mine today... Radio shack $ 15 ish... 6x2x3 plastic box, and 4 switches... Its not the best... But i couldnt beat the price...