1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

where to find white plow paint???

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by RAW Details, Oct 26, 2011.

1. RAW Details

RAW Details Senior Member

i need some white plow paint as i am painting my western plow to match my truck.... all i can find is the touch up paint.... need a lot more than one spray can. please help! need to get her painted asap!!!!!
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Go to a collision shop that can mix its own paint and see if you can buy some.
  3. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

At this point wait till spring and do it right. It will never cure in time now. Or just grab some white rustolem.
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Add some hardener and fisheye reducer to the industrial enamel when you spray it. Will make it slide better and hold up longer.

Get a self etching primer for the bare spots, you can get it in a spray can at autozone or NAPA.
  5. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 Senior Member

Make sure you add some color on it so it don't just blend into the blowing snow and someone hits you while ......... of course talking on their phone.
  6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I just bought my first non-white plow truck in 25 years at my wife's insistence. She always worried about visibility to other's, particularly the ones that had no business on the road.