1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

where to find good employees?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by PTTP08, Feb 20, 2013.

1. PTTP08

PTTP08 Senior Member
    from mn

This sucks.... I only have 2 employees and the best one I have is going back to afganifstan for his 3rd tour BOOO. And the other guy I am about to fire cause he complains and has such a bad work ethic. This is off the subject but he asked me why I pay Mike (the Marine) more than him when he has been with me a year longer. I looked at him and said "well kid listen up... He has done 2 tours and fought for our freedom he doesnt complain and the best thing he does is he shows up ON TIME!" He stormed out of the shop and kicked the door on his way out damn kids I tell ya. I shook Mikes hand and said do your job... don't get shot and get home. You will always have a job and a company truck to drive when you get home.

anyway what do you guys use to get good employees?? craigslist?? I have had no luck with this site. Thanks for the info.
  2. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

you mean to tell me there arnt any ranch hands up yonder ? did you try tim hortons
  3. ceptorman

ceptorman Senior Member
    from Indy

I'll admit, you have to go through a couple dozens of employees before you find a good one, then you have to take care of that employee to keep him around.
  4. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

In all seriousness, talk to a local farmer. See if he has any farmhands that aren't busy in the winter that they think would be a good fit for it. Thats one thing I know is generally a good employee. We know how to work hard, don't complain, for the most part show up on time, and answer your calls. And early mornings and long hours don't bother us.