1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to find a scrape edge for a garden tractors snow plow?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by J&R Landscaping, Nov 6, 2006.

1. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

I have a neighboor of mine who has a Wheel horse tractor that has a snow blade on the front of it. He wants to put a plastic or lexan scrape edge on it to minimize the damage and impact on his stamped concrete driveway.

The plow blade is 4 foot wide but He could just buy a peice and cut it to fit. Does anyone know if these do exist and if so, where he might find one? Also, if you have have some kind of an idea, what about do they cost?

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. MO TOYS

MO TOYS Senior Member

Sounds like it would have to be a custom jobby to me

3. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi Joe
    Get ahold of John the GarageKeeper on this site. I bought some from Johnlast year for my wings. You just need to tell him how long you need them. It will be thicked than a steel one but worth the money.

Good Luck Mike

4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

The peice was made of lexan??

5. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi Joe
    The one I got from John is a Urethane edge.

Regards Mike

6. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

Ive often wondered why more people dont use their ztr's as a snow removal device.

I have a JD 757 and consider it a power unit that happens to have a mower deck.

7. RJ lindblom

RJ lindblom Senior Member

Jd 757

If the hydros hold up great.

Toro might be on to something with new 7200 line.

8. Bigblue250

Bigblue250 Member

Call your local Weldor and tell him what you need.