1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

where to buy used plow mounts?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by turbo5560, Oct 13, 2009.

1. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

i'm looking for a plow mount for a 2005 dodge 3/4 ton
    the model number is LTA04770B
    does anyone know a local plow dealer that sells used plow mounts? can't seem to find anything around here that isn't new and they want 6-700 for a new mount... any help would be appreciated!
  2. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Have you tried Ebay?
  3. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

ya... not any cheaper and with shipping it cost the same as around here
  4. deebo1133

deebo1133 Member

I bought one off craigslist for $300 and came off an 08. Looks brand new. I have seen several newer Dodge mounts in my local area for sale. Seem to range from $250 to $350 in price.
  5. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

where do you seem them? i've looked on craigslist but not luck...
  6. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

It certainly is something you have to check craigslist and ebay for just about everyday. It took me a few weeks, but I eventually found someone within driving distance that sold me a mount and wiring harness for $300.
  7. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

let me see what we have at the shop tomorrow, I may have something for you....
  8. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

sounds good! let me know!
  9. deebo1133

deebo1133 Member

It took me 2-3 weeks as well to find one searching every day. I did put up a wanted add on CL as well and got a couple calls. I am searching lower MI.
  10. GLC09

GLC09 Junior Member
    from midwest

11. StormRanger

StormRanger Member
    from NorEast

call all the dealers and ask, thats where I found mine, they had one sitting in the 'junk pile'
  12. anthony84

anthony84 Junior Member

looking for a boss mount

does anyone have a fair priced used lta03500
    im trying to install a rt2 boss v plow and need mount for 92-97 f250
  13. Ramitt

Ramitt Senior Member

^^^ just gotta look around and call.. Its not easy finding used ones... Back when I was getting a plow I was trying to find a mount for my truck and they are very hard to come by
  14. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

I don't know if your still in need of this mount but I have what your looking for. I put it on my 2003 last spring and never plowed with it and then ended up,selling the truck. So,it's new but at a used price. Pm me and respond here so I get a notice