1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to buy timbrens

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DaySpring Services, Sep 15, 2005.

1. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Where is the cheapest place to buy timbrens for a 04 Ram 1500?

2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

3. Robbie Rooster

Robbie Rooster Member

I got timbrens for my 98 ram at www.truckspring.com They were by far the lowest price I found. About $40 less than everywhere else.

4. wls

wls Senior Member

5. gino

gino Member
    from Maine

I priced mine out on Strengle Bros on the internet. Then I took the price to a local truck parts dealer to give them the business. That way if there is a problem you have a local person to deal with. I think I paid $160.00 all said and done.
    g

6. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 Senior Member

NAPA auto parts, i pretty much go there for anything

7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

cpw on the top of this page

8. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

PM GarageKeeper right here on this site, he can probally help you out.
    Todd

9. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Forget the bump stops for your 1500. go to your local dodge dealer and order new front springs #38 #39 ,the #39 goes in the drivers side. you can get stiffer ones too ,from $55 to $60 per spring, You can install them your self with hand tools, it should take you an hour or two and your done.
    I have done this with my 3/4 ton I used the springs for a 1 ton oil burner, she Carrys an 8.2 boss V plow and when I raise the plow the truck drops only 2 1/2 inches and it never bottoms out.
    There are postings (in the dodge forum) (try an search)that walk you thought changing the springs step by step.
    my $0.02 is you should get the stiffer springs and fix the problem right.

10. festerw

festerw Senior Member

The 02-04 1500's don't have coil springs they have torsion bars, so cranking the bars and adding Timbrens is about the only option.

11. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

OOps never mind :drinkup:
    good luck with your truck!!! how about getting an 3/4 ton?

12. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I just bought this truck new in Feb. so getting a different truck really isnt an option. Im only looking to do a max of 10 driveways a year. This year im only doing my house and fiances, maybe helping a few people out here and there to get some practice before i get customers.