1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to buy spreader motor part?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by crow5716, Dec 9, 2015.

1. crow5716

crow5716 Junior Member

I was working on my small tailgate spreader and when I took the spinner shaft thing off there was a small half circle piece that got lost. It goes in to a groove on the motor shaft. I'm including a picture to show what I am talking about.

I am having no luck trying to find just that part to buy. I've looked at so many parts websites and breakdown diagrams and none of them list just that part.

It's a meyers salt spreader that I've replace the motor and spinner with a Buyer part. I'm sure the part I am looking for is somewhat universal.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

[​IMG]

2. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Have you tried ACE Hardware or Hardware Hank?

The have all those key way items

3. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Any hardware or ranch/farm supply store or even a power equipment dealer should have them.

4. crow5716

crow5716 Junior Member

Thanks for the responses. I will check Ace and the local Power Equipment place tomorrow and let you know if I am successful. At least I know know what I am asking for. I had no idea that the item I needed was called a "Key Way"

5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

FWIW It's the key, the groove is the keyway.

6. crow5716

crow5716 Junior Member

Thank you.

7. crow5716

crow5716 Junior Member

I just did a little more research and found that what I need is called a "Woodruff Key". Now that I know exactly what I need and Googled it. I see them for sale everywhere, Home Depot, Lowes, AutoZone, ect. I mean everywhere. Guess it helps to know what the part is called when looking for it. Not sure I would have found what it was called so quickly without everyone's help here.

Thanks again.

8. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Tractor supply, now you may have to do a little grinding to make one fit.

9. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Any business that services factories such as Bearing Inc. would be able to get you exactly what you need in one day.