1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to buy salt spreader bearings?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Bossman 92, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Well we are tearing down and replacing the bearings on one of our salters today and when I got on to order some new ones from Mcmaster Carr realized they were quite a bit more than we paid last year. To the tune of like $40 each.

I am sure the last bearings I bought were like $12 or $15 each, but I can't remember where they came from.

Where do you guys buys yours from?

2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

northern tool i buy them from them in bulk
  3. gusdust

gusdust Senior Member

Just did a Buyer's and got everything from Angelos in Detroit. $280 got me everything except drag chain, and gearbox. Replaced coupling, front,rear and spinner shaft too.
  4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

All bearings are not created equal.
  5. Bossman 92

You're right about that. With that being said, do you guys buy quality or price?

I just figured they had to be replaced every 2 years (due to working conditions) reguardless, but are you guys getting more years on the quality ones?

6. LON

LON Senior Member

what spreader?
  7. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

in the cleveland area go to bearing distributors , or on brookpark rd in parma a place called power drive by brookpark and rte 176, has good prices and very knowledgable
  8. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

This is where I go, always had good luck. I've also bought grease seals from these guys. If I can't ID it, then I take it in and they can match it up. Located on Arlington Road in Akron:

Not sure where your located, or what type of spreaders, but Sohar's/RCPW is pretty good for a lot of plow, mower and small spreader parts. Been dealing w/ them for almost 25 years...just watch some of the chinese aftermarket parts, especially electronic...I only buy authentic when it comes to solenoid's and such:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  9. Bossman 92

We are converting the Hi Way over to electric, so I figured I should change the bearing while we are at it.

10. Bossman 92

Thanks, I will look them up for the future reference.

11. Bossman 92

Yea Akron Bearing is great! If they don't have what you need they can get it for sure, only problem is last time we bought from them I spent close to $60 each. BUT if you need somthing in a pinch (like I did) they have everything.

Thanks Bossman
  12. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

I got mine from Angelo's I had it the next day! Price was good and shipping was also..
  13. equip guy

equip guy Member

Try Grainger, they're nation wide, and will have your part the next day if not in stock.
  14. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Central Parts Warehouse ( they are a site sponsor)

I don't remeber what I paid a piece for bearings, but I know it was not $40
  15. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

PPW--Professional Parts Warehouse usually has the best prices on parts for all name brand plows/spreaders.
  16. equip guy

equip guy Member

Also try J Thomas, they are a sponser here too
  17. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

McMaster = $$$$$$$