1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

where to buy salt pallets near Elgin,IL

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by RAW Details, Jul 6, 2011.

1. RAW Details

RAW Details Senior Member

who is near Elgin,IL that has good prices????? i dont want to be drive all over gods green earth for salt need somewhere close! please help guys i need to get my bids in!

2. Westhardt Corp.

Westhardt Corp. Senior Member

How much do you typically use per season? Might be worth to take a load with early-pricing, if you can store it.

3. RAW Details

RAW Details Senior Member

a pallet every 3-4 saltings

4. Westhardt Corp.

Hmm...I know of a few hardware stores that give a break on a minimum 3 pallets. Hard to get "good" pricing on just one, though.

As we closer to the season, the options will open up somewhat. I may take a load "on the street"--literally, during storms, in a van trailer. Sort of an "in flight refueling" idea I've done in the past.

5. 86f350

86f350 Member

im in the same boat. im in south elgin and looking for salt close by too. ill go through 2 to 3 pallets per event. im also am interested in bulk if there is a local supplier. i hear there is a place called Central salt in elgin by rt31 and 90 but have yet been able to contact them. Any idea what bulk will be going for in this area this year?

6. Westhardt Corp.

Central's HQ is in Elgin. Their mine in in Lyons, KS, and their local bulk yard is in Lemont. They're great people, I've been dealing with them for years. They're also a sponsor here--look up bpersichetti (he's the sales mgr). If you're looking for less than a truckload of pallets, you'll have to go their Chicago yard.

As far as bulk pricing, nobody has released pricing yet (normally done in Sept). Being that the state bid is averaging in the $62-64 range, I'd estimate that local delivered pricing will be in the mid $70s plus tax. But, as has notoriously happened in years past, that could be way off.

HTH!

7. Rob From APE

Rob From APE Junior Member

We have pallets in Palatine. Picked up or we can deliver. We also can deliver bulk.

Rob Johnson
    Sales Manager
    Arlington Power Equipment
    847.241.1530 Ext 104

8. Knockah22

Knockah22 Senior Member

Midwest trading/ground covers on Rt.25 in st.Charles sells pallets of salt.