1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to Buy Salt in Indianapolis?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by M & MD Lawn, Aug 12, 2011.

1. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn Senior Member

I did a search and came up with DMA but I know there has to be more. Just want to know if there are and who. Trying to get pricing for this upcoming season. Went to pick up fertilizer today and Lesco hasn't heard form their supplier yet, although he said around 4.25 for rock salt per bag, that sound about right??

Thanks

2. M & MD Lawn

Well......

3. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

Are you looking for bulk or bagged? Also what side of town are you on? I have dealt with several places in Indy for bagged but I am going to bulk this year.

4. mtstclair

mtstclair Member
    from indiana

who has the best bulk in indy?

5. M & MD Lawn

Bagged, I have a few properties, I don't have a lot, the large ones I am subbing out more than likely.

6. mtstclair

mtstclair Member
    from indiana

john deere landscapes is the cheepest I found seemed like 4.05 a bag round $200 a skid I have heard of $175 a skid but I havent found where? Thats why I was looking bulk for round 90 a ton

7. M & MD Lawn

I checked at john deere yest when I went to pick up fert they said they haven't for pricing yethavent heard from their supplier. O and I am on the north side, 71st and Michigan area

8. M & MD Lawn

Also he said he couldn't see it being more than 4.25 a bag but he wasn't sure.

9. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

$90/a ton you ought to buy from us or better yet let us salt your properties.

10. M & MD Lawn

I dont need bulk, I have additional properties besides what we spoke about that would require salting, but not enough to enable me to buy bulk not to mention I have nowhere to put bulk material. However If I understand correctly I could buy a ton for $90?, I have a friend looking to buy some bulk I emailed you back btw...

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  11. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

We buy much better then $90, if someone buying bulk at $90 or bagged might be much better off just having us salt your properties. We have salt and equipment, and you can make money and sit at home.

12. mtstclair

mtstclair Member
    from indiana

If you buy much better then 90a ton then where ya getting it at I have no interest in subbing out anything thanks for the offer thou. Where ya getting it at im 30 miles north east of of indy

13. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

All I will say is that we don't buy our salt in Indy but we use it here. We do buy much better then $90/ per ton, we store it many tons between salt bins and have it brought in continuously. We built new bin last year that holds several thousand tons. No reason to share our sources...just offering to save you money if your buying at $90/per ton I'm confident we could salt your properties for less and you can make money while you sleep...just an offer.

14. M & MD Lawn

I personally only have two o have to salt on the regularto sub it would be dumb, however on the others an email back might get those, also discuss some things but if not thanks anyway

15. mtstclair

mtstclair Member
    from indiana

Sleeping dosen't sound like fun! but thanks for the salting offer ill figure it out one way or another as far as bulk price goes ive got quit a few leads but 3.80 plus tax a bag is cheepest ive seen if your just buying several skids Remember cheeper isn't always better the supplier taking care of you goes along ways with me there is plenty of pie for all of us!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  16. M & MD Lawn

I agree lol and 3.80 where, I'm still searching

17. mtstclair

mtstclair Member
    from indiana

jd landscapes but not sure about this year but just like everthing else im sure there is some where else cheeper

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  18. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Call me sometime on the others. I emailed you how to take care of them and if you can't do that way I wouldn't do it at all you won't make them happy.

19. c.t. lawn care

c.t. lawn care Senior Member

Are you dealing with Jeremy at the 86th st. store? We stopped using bagged rocksalt about 3 years ago. Last year we bought a pallet for our tailgate spreader from him in a pinch and we were getting about 4.25 a bag... used to be able to get it for about 2.50 a couple years ago before the "salt shortage"

20. mtstclair

mtstclair Member
    from indiana

Ya 86th I was dealing with roger so ill ask again where did you get bulk rock salt at ?