1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to buy Parts?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by rockin s, Dec 22, 2008.

1. rockin s

rockin s Junior Member
    from Wyoming

Where is the best place to buy parts that dont cost a fortune in shipping? Denvers Meyer dealer is so expensive you cant afford to buy anything from them.
  2. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

3. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

My last order from Angelos I received a hose that leaked, and a Quick coupler that was junk right out of the package!
  4. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

So what do we do, pay the big bucks at a dealer if we have one?
  5. rockin s

rockin s Junior Member
    from Wyoming

Ya I had a Go round with Angelos, A Solinoid got crushed from the way they packed it and they told me I had to wait for UPS to pay for it, I got mad cause I needed it and they packed it Terrible so I think It was there fault NOT ups and Why should I have to wait. The guy got pi$$y with me and sent one out, In the mean time i went to denver and bought one so I still have the Angelos one in the package to remind me of how they treated me.
  6. snowdays

snowdays Senior Member
    from Ohio

I had an experience with Angelos in regards to shipping cost. I started to place an order for an E47 seal kit and a couple of small seals for my E60 and shipping cost was like $13. I emailed and asked for clarification. The response was that they use UPS only and that was the flat rate. I told them that shipping for the combination of items that weigh less than a pound and are going less than 200 miles that could fit in a padded envelope should be less than $5. Any savings in parts quickly disappear in shipping.
  7. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

I had a similar go around with shipping with CPW. Bought s plow motor and a fishstick at the same time. Got them in separate boxes. Which was ok so the motor did not crush the stick, but here is the kicker. $17 to ship the motor (ok it is heavy) $21 to ship the fishstick(weighs 1 lb). On the original order over the phone I was quoted $21 for both to be shipped. Called them they said there was nothing they could do. Called back again pretending to be another customer and again was quoted $21 to ship both. Recalled the manager and gave him the name of the person I talked to and the quote number. He looked it up and said it was a computer mistake that I as quoted only $21 and there was nothing he could do. I thought about disputing it with my Credit card company, but did not want to go through the hassle for a few bucks. Even with the increased shipping it was about $90 cheaper than the dealer. Any order I made after that I told them I wanted an accurate shipping price and if there was any change in shipping price from the original quote they were to call me and not ship it without my permission. No problems after that, I still buy from them . Sorry for the rant.
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  8. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

From what I have been reading on PS is that they are saying, for some parts, to buy factory parts from the dealer as they last longer and more reliable. With somethings, aftermarket parts are no good. Then to top it off, you guys are getting the screws put to you when you try to buy from other than the dealer.