1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to buy new E/H unit?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by JCByrd24, Oct 20, 2005.

1. JCByrd24

JCByrd24 Senior Member
    from Maine

A friend is giving me a plow and I want to get an electric hydraulic unit for it. The plow currently has an under hood pump so it has a separate lift cylinder so the Barnes out of Northern is an option, though I can't seem to find too many opinions on that one. It appears that Monarch makes a similar unit but I can't find it for sale on the web. The Meyer E-47 and the like all appear to be around $1000-1200 new, but used are around the same price as the barnes. I have the ability to do all fabricating wiring myself, just want to make a smart decision on the hyraulics. Any suggestions on what and where to buy would be greatly appreatiated.

Also, how do you search for two words, usually 1stword AND 2ndword works in other forums, but not this one.

Thanks.

2. ght1098

ght1098 Member

You can usually find Hyd power units pretty reasonable from local shops, look in the yellow pages under hydraulics. As for the search thing, I don't have an answer, but there is enough knowledge out here someone will answer it pretty quickly, if not use the " Rules, faq's, support" forum.