1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

where to buy ice melt in kansas city area

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by nboeger4, Jan 8, 2010.

1. nboeger4

nboeger4 Member

where do you guys around kansas city buy your ice melt bags? also what do you usually pay per bag?
  2. mtchockey30

mtchockey30 Member
    from MO

Where are you located?? I know you can get some at JD John Deere. (Lesco is what is used to be) I picked up a couple there
  3. nboeger4

nboeger4 Member

lesco was bought out by john deere landscapes. last i heard john deere landscapes went out of business?? idk
  4. mtchockey30

mtchockey30 Member
    from MO

yeah they were bought out I still refer to them as lesco lol ... but they are still open unless they close in the last couple weeks
  5. nboeger4

nboeger4 Member

i actually just got off the phone with them. they are still open. ill just keep going to them. thats where i used to go until i heard they closed and i had enough melt.
  6. mtchockey30

mtchockey30 Member
    from MO

good i was didnt think they closed
  7. Thesandman23

Thesandman23 Inactive
    from Kansas

Ice Melt

We carry 4 different types of Ice Melt we are located I-635 and Kansas Ave. Kansas CIty, Ks 66106

913-506-9752 Traci
    913-544-7570 Dan Hays

We currently have 10 trucks loads in stock.
  8. tom5301

tom5301 Member

Doug 913-915-8654 sells ice melt will deliver
  9. Gettindirty

Gettindirty Member

Different types of ice melt. Sam's club sells ice melt, fyi.
  10. G&T LAWN

G&T LAWN Senior Member

I also buy mine at Sams club. 50lbs bags of calicum Mag mix for 7.22 a bag. Cheapest ive found in the Omaha area. Works great.
  11. KCsnowman

KCsnowman Member
    from Kansas

Even though their customer service sucks, If you get in a bind, True North Services in merriam sells bulk and bag melters.
  12. greatlawn

greatlawn Junior Member

I use extra corse water softner salt. I get it at feldmans cheap or at cei dist. when feldmans is out. Water softner is the same as rock salt.