1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

where to buy drive shafts?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 85chevy3/4, Mar 19, 2002.

1. 85chevy3/4

85chevy3/4 Junior Member

I've got an 85 chevy 3/4 ton 4x4. I need a front drive shaft. It doesn't have one in it now so i don't know what it had. What drive shafts did these trucks have in them? It's got the th350 tranny and 208 transfer case and gm 10 bolt front axle. I plan on adding larger tires and a lift. I would like something cheap but reliable. Where can I find one?

2. Power mad

Power mad Member
    from Oregon

http://www.arizonadrivelines.com/
    I was talking to a guy at ColoradoK5 and he got a shaft from these guys, $295 for a rear shaft.
    He was real happy with the work and service.
    Then there is Tom Woods I have no addy for him.
    Jesse at High Angle driveline is another place.
    Or you might get lucky and score one at a salvage yard, but those are usualy worn out and beat up.

3. plowed

plowed Senior Member

You can call Connecticut Driveshaft @ 203 797 1374. They are well respected here in CT.

4. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Check with a local trucking company mechanic, he should be able to steer you to a local driveshaft company. Ct. Driveshaft is well respected in the northeast here.

5. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

look for certified powertrain in your area. i purchased a rebuilt front driveshaft from them for $207 with exchange and this went on a dodge. your chevy shouldnt be any more than that .

good luck
    Mark K