1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

where to buy central hyraulics splitter valve to install power angles on dump trk?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by cincy snowdog, Dec 22, 2005.

1. cincy snowdog

cincy snowdog Senior Member

we have a dump with central hyd. we need the valve that controls the power angle cylinders,need to install so we have power angle never had it truck is munipal truck ,they just threw snow to one side

2. john-boy

john-boy Member

should be avail anywhere that sells hyraulic pumps...find out who a root or lawton plow dealer is in ur area, or call deeds equipment in indpls since ur not far

3. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

find a local dump install company they should be able to help you out. what brand is it? truck plow and dump body. I have a dealer rewal close for western and HEIL bodies if you cant find anything local let me know i can probably come up with something for you.

4. john-boy

john-boy Member

maybe even tractor supply

5. cincy snowdog

THANKS FELLOWS,YEH I HAVE FOUND A FEW OF THEM BUT THEY ALL SEEM TO TURN INTO A BUYERS PRODUCTS NUMBER ,HAVE TO WAIT TIL MORNING AND JUST CALL ,NOT ENOUGH INFO TO NARROW THEM DOWN ON WEB, I KNOW THEY ARE CALLED A DETENT VALVE BUT WHAT ACTUALLY DOES DETENT MEAN ,THEY SAID ON ONE SITE NOT TO DETENT BOTH DIRECTIONS? I JUST NEED A BASIC VALVE LIKE A LOG SPLITTER BUT WITH A CABLE INSTEAD OF A LEVER SO I DONT HAVE TO PUT MORE HOSES INTO CAB, ENOUGH DAMN HOSES ALREADY FOR SPREADER BLOCK .AND THE ROOM THE VALVE WOULD TAKE UP TO MUCH ROOM AND LOOK LIKE A HYD DISASTER THEN

THANKS TO ALL AND REMEMBER WE ARE A VALUABLE SERVICE MAKE IT WORTH YOUR TIME HIT EM HARD HIT EM ALOT AND BILL EM FAST ,WHEN ITS SNOWING YOUR THE BEST,WHEN ITS OVER YOUR :sleeping: payup AND SUCESSFULL.

6. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Hydraulic Valve In Cincinnati

Cincy Snowdog,

If you haven't found valve yet, try Eastern Hills Hydraulics @ 513.321.5600. They are located down by Lunken Airport on SE side. They should be able to help you. I know that they have built and installed several central hydraulic systems on municipal trucks, all from scratch!

A detent valve simply means that when you pull the lever to actuate the valve, it will hold that position. Good for hydraulic actuators that are continuous, you don't have to hold the lever to keep the valve open. A spring return valve is just the opposite, once you release the valve it goes back to center, stopping the hydraulic flow.

Hope this helps.

7. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Rumpke Hydraulic, located in Ross will have anything you need.

After all they have to keep all those trash trucks on the road....

8. cincy snowdog

Thanks For The Help Guys .i Believe I Got It Together ,i Understand That Part Now ,hydraulics Are Actually Very Simple On These Trucks .i Would Reccomend To Any One Spreading Alot Of Salt Or Plowing Alot Of Snow To Think About Useing This System You Have Alot Less Problems But One Thing If You Break One Hose Your Entire System May Go Down Til Fixed .but Have Had Alot Less Downtime With Central Hyd.

9. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

check in a northern tool catalog they have the whole valve body as a 3 spool valve bank with a float on one spool for lowering the plow. installed one last year not to bad of a job. changed a pto drive hyd. over to central hyd.

10. cincy snowdog

Yeh Clark I Saw That Thanks Anyway,i Have A Two Spool With Power Beyond It Was Easier To Jump In Line After Dump And Plow But Before The Spreader Block But Got It Together Thanks Appreciate The Help.powertrain Was The Answer They Had They Valve With The Cable ,wanted The Cheapest Route The Two Spool Was Welded And Had Rods For Dump And Plow And Is Welded In Cab Didnt Need To Disturb All That.

11. dodgedump

dodgedump Member
    from MASS

I presently have a dump and a PTO. I pull the knob and the switch controls up and down on the dump and I push the knob and it controls up and down on the plow. How can I hook this up to my angle cylinders? I have a Fisher plow. Thanks