1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to buy bulk sand in upstate NY?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by NYRookie, Nov 5, 2003.

1. NYRookie

NYRookie Member

I currently just shovel sum in the back of my truck from the local pile when I need it, but I have had more customers asking for it and I need to purchase some. I have contacted a local chemical company to buy pallets of salt but no sand. I do have local gravel pits I deal with but don't you need to mix salt in with regular sand so it does not freeze? I did a search but didn't find what I was looking for. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Get on the phone. Start by asking at the local pits if they have, or know someoen who does. That's what I had to do here and I would think that somebody in your area knows where to track down what you need.

3. SLC1

SLC1 Senior Member

NY rookie, Just call a few local excavation contractors and ask around they will be able to tell you. And one other thing I see you are from Gloversville, That is where my brother works, He lives in Saratoga but works as the sales manager at Van's Harley, If you need a bike or anything I will give you his name and you can go see him, there is some awsome land up there we went up in the summer and rode with the guys from the local bike club " Rollin Rednecks" and had a blast. Talk later

www.schmidtlawncare.com

4. Radguy

Radguy Member

Hey I know those guys:waving:

Sorry about that K-Mart inccident(sp):dizzy:

Here's a pic of me just to remind you who I am:dizzy:

radguyavatar2.jpg

5. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

LOL,please elaborate on the K-mart incident:D

6. SLC1

SLC1 Senior Member

Hey no problem, that was a great time up there, To bad I crashed bad in mid-august and havent put my bike together yet, took like six weeks for me to heal up, and havent really had time to put the bike together. But you guys were great and had a good time. I just saw Chad at my brothers wedding in October, and I plan on coming up next year on my 04' R1.

7. NYRookie

NYRookie Member

SLC1, I see that Greg has found this sight ok. I know those bunch of rednecks. I have to see Greg every day whether I want to or not.:waving: Please fill the rest of the guys in about the K-Mart incident. Gregs gonna try his hand at plowing this year. Hope we get some snow.payup

8. Radguy

Radguy Member

Sorry to hear about your accident.

Well about the K-Mart inccident, we were playing aroung at an abandoned K-mart. In the Loading docks area. And a Cops was pissed off that he didn't see any of us screwing around. So he took all our names, and said that he put it in a computer. SO next time we'll get tickets:dizzy:

Pssst.....we've been back there a couple of times since and have been kicked out by different cops...and no tickets. But don't tell anyone:D

dzlitem89.jpg

9. SLC1

SLC1 Senior Member

Being Harrassed by "The Man" sucks but it is just part of the fun. The next day me and the guy I came up with got pulled over in Saratoga and the cop said " See you boys have had a busy weekend" cause it came up in the computer that we were just pulled over the day before, we just got warnings no tickets. But yeah the accident sucked, doing a second gear wheelie up a hill tired shifting it into third and flipped it over at 60mph glad I had my helmet on, went rolling down the road about 200ft. No broken bones just lots of road rash, almost 70% of my body, almost had to have skin grafts on my hands, but all is well now and just dieing to get back on and start riding,cant wait to come back up
    I remember you. You had the R6 that you were doing the slow speed straight up wheelies " really sick"

www.schmidtlawncare.com