1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to buy Bags in W. Mich

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Dogbonz, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Dogbonz

Dogbonz Member

Hi guys,,, I'm in Lake Odessa, between Lansing and Grand Rapids, I'm looking to buy some bagged product by the pallet. Any one got a clue as to where in my area to get a good deal on bags,, #50's are preferred. Thanks in Advance. I do have a Lowes near me but thats it.

2. Dogbonz

Dogbonz Member

Hello?? Que the cricketts!

Ok, any Dealers with any bags in Grand Rapids? I don't want to shuck out 5 beans per sack to wally world! If your picken up what I'm laying down;)

3. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Get the 10% of coupon from Lowes and they are hard to beat. Same for HD.

If you do not have one, just call the local store, ask for contractor services and see about getting 10% off for a pallet.

Best I can offer not being in the area.

4. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Groenicks in Nunica is like 3.25 or 3.24 per bag - rock salt. With a Loews comercial account, they will match that price, the local one does at least..............

5. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

After thinkin about it, I do a bit more than average thru Lowes so maybe that helps, also buy truck loads at a time............

A place closer to you is Grand Valley, nope sorry that's the place in Nunica, their number is 616-837-7391. There is another place in GR though, just forget their name.

6. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

Might want to try Flat Rock Bagging in Sparta. They are competitive pricing and good service. If you need more info, let me know.

7. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

Try Cedar rock landscape supplies, on m57 west of Greenville. I think they sell it as well.

8. Quality1

Quality1 Member

Earth Service & Supply out of Grand Rapids. Ask for Jim TenBrink he is the owner.800-398-0388- They are by far the best company around and they deliver.... Plus as of our last order they were giving 60 days to pay.

9. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Does anyone have consistent bagged rock salt?? I mean in 30 to 40 skids, can you get the same thing from start to finish, I don't really care if it's powdered or cue balls, just make it the same...................

10. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Try Chulski Salt, they have always been the cheapest. Also try calling the ABF Trucking dock in Walker, they sell MORTON by the bag dirt cheap. I think the last I bought it, they were $2.95 for a 50# bag. I have always had great luck with Chulski's and they deliver.

Chulski Salt Service
    945 Comstock St
    Marne, MI 49435-8751View Map
    (616) 677-1700

Abf Freight System Inc

Address: 2690 Courier Dr Nw
    City: Grand Rapids
    State: Michigan, MI
    Zip Code: 49544-1247

11. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Where do the 10% coupons come from?

12. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Can also try Michigan Turf & Ornamental aka Farmer's Co-op in Hudsonville.

13. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

For Lowes you can sign up for one online and they email it to you. For HD you can go to the post office and request a change of address packet and there is one in there.

There are a lot other ways that I am not aware of. Search Google and there are a lot more sources.

Chris