1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to buy a new plow?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Wildman, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Wildman

Wildman Junior Member
    from Ohio

Hello, My old C-8.5 pivot pins turned out to be froze in place i found out. Upon looking on here for the best action I ordered new "greaseable" pins and tubes fearing the worse. Well upon sawzalling the pins and removing the sector I found that the pins are froze in all 4 places. Moldboard and sector. Upon heating to cherry red they wont budge from any place. I have the tubes so repairing the sector is not the problem... the moldboard is.. I picked this plow up used last fall and it has been a problem ever since. It was never maintained or taking care of for that matter. I was thinking of purchasing just the moldboard maybe a poly one.. Do the distributors sell just the plow part without all the mounting and pump? I was going to call them but it got late as I just came in from working on that thing.. ideas?:)

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sure, you can purchase just the moldboard...but depending on size and material (steel/poly) your looking at $900-$1400 for a new one.

Much more cost effective to cut the pivot tubes out of your existing MB and replace them. It's not too bad of a job. Just have to make sure you get the tubes back in the correct place.

3. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Yes you can just buy the moldboard, but $1300 is the average price plus shipping and labor. Its not that hard to change the tubes out. I have managed to save a lot of meyers plows in the same condition.

You need a huge freaking rose bud. Heat the tubes to the point just before the steel liquidfitys. Also on the plow side, you need to cut the front of the boxes off on three sides and pry it back to you can just head the tubes inside the box. Also you will need an air hammer with a blunt tip to pound the pins out.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Take B&B's advice, buy a set of pivot tube replacements, and new pivot pins, cut the old ones out and replace them. Faster easier and less frustrating the trying to remove the old ones and you don't end up with highly heat stressed steel waiting to fail at the worst moment

5. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

or look on craigs list in ur area and find one a whole one with rams and everything read to go for a couple hundred bucks. and then ull have one to work with while u fix the other. then u got a back up

6. Wildman

Wildman Junior Member
    from Ohio

Thanks for the help! I opened up the moldboard part and heated and they didnt have a choice but to come out. Greaseable ones are in place now... trips great like it should.. but this last storm snapped a bolt on the top of the pump and lost my ability to raise the pump.. working on getting that out now.. going to buy me some wings also.. thanks again!:)