1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where the heck is it?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rockytop, Nov 26, 2010.

1. rockytop

rockytop Junior Member

Anyone out there from Denver area? There has NOT been a plowable storm October or November!! A little de ice but thats it.Mountains are pounded. What the heck. What's it like for you guys?
  2. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

I am a few weeks away from the soup line lol.
  3. NW Snow Removal

NW Snow Removal Senior Member

had a client fax in a seasonal contract today, late, out of the blue, and he said we need to get ready for global warming and to change from seasonal period covering november to april, we need to only cover december-march. He tried talking me out of the one months pay. I said the seasonal price is for the whole winter but broken down to five payments. I said we can eliminate one of the payments but it's still the same for the whole winter. !st time a client tried the global warming card on me.
  4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

It was supposed to start for us today but just windy as he!! out. Our forecast went from 8-12 inches to 5-8 inches now its down to 2-4 inches,lol. We might get enough to plow tonight but I'm not holding my breath, then back into the 40's and 50's this week.
  5. ForestEdgeSnow

ForestEdgeSnow Senior Member

I am with you the only thing saveing me right now was a good savings plan and seasonal contracts. Although the western slope has been gettin hammared. It will be hard to try and justify seasonal contracts next year though. I am just getting really antsy around the house. Has it ever been this dry since 2002. can anyone rember that far back

6. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

That's funny.
  7. rockytop

rockytop Junior Member

Wow here we are end of November and still no snow in Denver. This sucks. Storm blew right over us last night and missed us totally. Forecast was 1-3 inches metro and more close to foothills where we plow.
  8. whitelite

whitelite Member

Seems to me that last year we may have plowed a couple times in Oct and Nov. Then Dec. one right after another-----------Just never know.
  9. dayexco

dayexco Senior Member

send that weather our way PLEASE...i love seasonals