1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where should I put my Hide-a-ways?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by 20Silverado05, Feb 12, 2008.

1. 20Silverado05

20Silverado05 Senior Member

There were holes already drilled to put them in the turn signals from the previous owner of my truck but i dont want to risk putting them there because the turn signals get alot of moisture for some reason and i dont want the strobe bulb to blow. So, would it be better to put them in my high beam instead?
    Truck 003.JPG
    And also is this a good setup for my front, in the fog lights because there are also holes drilled from before, and then again, in my high beams? Appreciate the help guys.
    Truck 008.JPG

Truck 003.JPG

Truck 008.JPG

2. 20Silverado05

Also my other two strobes will be going in my reverse lights but I have no questions with that.

3. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

The reason you are getting moisture in your signals is because of the existing holes. Once the bulbs are re-installed and sealed correctly, this problem will stop. This location is also the best placement of the strobe in the front of your style truck. Personally, I would just put those two in the front, fill and seal the fogs since they will be useless behind the plow, and put 4 heads in the back instead of two, since most of the time you'll probably have the fronts off trying not to blind yourself.

4. 20Silverado05

The holes from the turn signals were covered up by som tape with almost like a tinfoil backing to it and they still have moisture and i have siliconed the whole outside of them too, im thinking of just getting new turn signals because the insides of them are dirty from the moisture too.

5. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

It's a good idea to replace them if they're filthy, might as make em look as sharp as the rest of the truck.:nod: I would definetly recommend the current location though, I've been both routes, and I think the turn signal is a brighter location due to reflector angles etc.

6. 20Silverado05

Thanks alot for the info, and i just ordered myself a pair of turn signals, a bit pricey but whatever.

7. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

put them in all the places