1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where should i push the snow???? PIC

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by alwayz-plowin, Nov 26, 2010.

1. alwayz-plowin

alwayz-plowin Senior Member

Ok well somehow this guy got my number and wants me to give him an estimate for snow so i went on google and looked up his house this and itlooks like it may be a little tricky!
    He lives on a main road........(dangerous for me to be backing in and out!!)
    He has an odd layout of a house/ driveway
    He doesnt want me to mess up his grass
    And i cant push the snow up to his house!
    There is a little snall one car parking spot on the Bottom if your looking at the pic
    The whole border of the driveway is either Grass, House, or street
    (SEE PIC)

Can i push it across the street?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  2. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare Senior Member

Put up marker poles and plow most of it to the sides. If it is a busy street you may waste time waiting to push it across, although it looks like an empty lot.
  3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I wouldn't push across the road, thats a lot of snow to move across a busy street. I would say either to the right into the grass or push it into and past the turn around. No body wants their grass messed up but thats why plows have an up button and/or thats why they sell top soil and seed.
  4. treeman06

treeman06 Senior Member

most places it is illegal to push snow across the road, doesn't matter if you clean it all up, they still might give you a ticket.
  5. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

Ask him this question......then do what he says and charge accordingly.

Put that crap on the lawn, tell him your a professional and you know how to raise a plow a bit before you reach the grass. If you scuff some turf come back and fix it.

Problem solved.
  6. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Is there an echo here,lol
  7. Tubby's Snow Plowing

Tubby's Snow Plowing Senior Member

Figure out what way the wind blows the most. Then put it on the long side of the driveway that a drift won't cross. Keep the plow off the deck to keep his grass safe. Standard procedure. No biggie. You got it. Just price it accordingly.
  8. Pro Lawn Care

Pro Lawn Care Member

Don't push it across the road! I did that one year at our old shop ONLY because there was nowhere else to put it due to the county plow filling up our lot! I only cleaned one of our 2 entrances and there was already a county cop there to greet me! He said he could and would give me a ticket ( around $200 I think) unless I had a really good reason to be filling up the area that the county plows their snow. So I kindly informed him of what happened and showed him our other drive and he let me off with a warning. Oh yeah did I mention not only would I be fined but I would have to dig it all out too!
  9. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Push it on his lawn, and let him know you will re seed and hay IF there is any damage in the spring. Throw in an extra whatever to cover your expenses for the worse case scenario. There is NO way around this unless you plan on snow blowing it
  10. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

You need to invest in a snow blower. Or talk him into letting you push it onto the lawn.
  11. alwayz-plowin

alwayz-plowin Senior Member

ok well i just talked to him...
    He wants me to back drag the top of the driveway all the way to the end
    and them plow all the snow into the first little driveway (Under the HUGE tree)
    **This way i dont have to worry about repairing grass will be a ton of mug in the spring though!
    Then as if fills up just push it onto the lawn......
    Which is gonna be a pain after the first snow! (turns to ice/rock)
    So i guess i will have to just stack it all up...
    I charged him 1 1/2 for this and he's fine with it so far!
  12. Tubby's Snow Plowing

Tubby's Snow Plowing Senior Member

Guess you don't get much snow there.

I would keep the plow high and push it back a bit past the tree. The first push of the season for stacking is the most critical. Set it up too short and you'll have problems in the late season.
  13. Winterized

Winterized Senior Member

Do what he wants... charge accordingly.
    Then be glad if you do not get it.
    Lawn looks kinda sad anyway.

What happened to the last guy?
  14. nekos

nekos Senior Member

Unless I'm missing something, push all the snow onto the right side of the driveway in the grass. If he doesn't want it in the grass, Skid $150 per hour minimum. Dump $80 per hour minimum. Disposal costs $100 per tonne 1 tonne minimum. seems profitable to me. =)
  15. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Open the Garage...Push all the Snow into the Garage....Close Garage Door....Problem Solved......:drinkup:...
  16. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

What if there's a car in the garage?
  17. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Push the snow to the sides. As for it being a main road, plow it at like 3 am or something. Even the stop signs are in bed by then.
  18. lmenterprises

lmenterprises Junior Member

u serious? If you need to ask that kind of question, you have no business plowing anything. Just shovel everything into the back of your truck and haul it away:help:
  19. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Exactly what I was going to say.It's really a no-brainer.Shouldn't push to the left because the snow might build up by the front door.I would tell him that's his only choice and if he doesn't like it to get someone else.

20. EdNewman

EdNewman Senior Member

hmmmm... and this is why I don't do residential