1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where is your plow power hook up located

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Eyesell, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

My 2007 I removed one of the "never used" tow hooks and mounted my power wires there. My new 2009 I have no clue what to do with them, right now their just sitting behind the front license plate down in the bumper.

Do you have any idea's for the 09 MY, if you've done it already a picture or two would greatly be appreciated :D
  2. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

can't you fab a plate style bracket to mount to the lower lip of the opening in the bumper?...
  3. mvhauler

mvhauler Senior Member

Had a new mount for an existing Boss plow put on an '09 F250 where I work recetntly. The Company installing it put it in the bumper, behind the liscense plate. They said it would be out of the elements in the summer and also out of sight when not in use. Seemed logical. They would have had to cut the h**l out of the air dam under the bumper to fit the mount there.
  4. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

All the newer Fords I have seen the power and control wires were just tucked into the bumper like you mentioned. Seems to look OK to me?
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Tucked to the left.
  6. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

How much Tuck could King Tut Tuck if King Tut could Tuck ??????
  7. Actionpower

Actionpower Junior Member

Electrical Plug In on a 2010 Superduty

This is where my installer locates his hook ups on some of the newer Superduty's.

Plow electrical Hookup 2009 Boss.jpg

Plow electrical Hookup 2009 Boss #2.jpg

Plow electrical Hookup 2009 Boss #3.jpg
  8. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I ended up making a bracket and mounting it to the lower part of the bumper with Stainless Steel screws, works and looks great, check it out.

HPIM3782 (2136 x 1608).jpg
  9. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

looks good, whats up with the p-stroke license plate :D
    how do you like the v-10 vs the 6.0
  10. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Had the license plate from the old truck, thought I'd throw it on. V-10 is very nice, only have about 800 miles on it so far but I'm over all impressed.

Getting 11 MPG city and 13 on the highway, not sure if it will improve anymore or not, only time will tell.

Actionpower you have any pictures of your truck, what I read in your sig. it sounds very nice
  11. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

front grill...
  12. Matts Kitty

Matts Kitty Junior Member
    from Vermont

On the grill, not very pretty but have never had trouble with them.

13. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I removed one of my never used Tow Hooks on 2005 and 2007 and mounted it there, check this out, other pics are right after I installed my HID's :)

Picture 069 (2136 x 1608).jpg

Picture 072 (2136 x 1608).jpg

Picture 073 (2136 x 1608).jpg