1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where is the snow?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by lawn king, Jan 8, 2015.

1. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Three weeks into winter here and yet to drop a blade?

2. mega10cab

mega10cab Senior Member

Just finally did here the other day. 4" of the lightest powder snow. Calling for an ice storm next week followed by a potential snow storm. Def been a slow winter

3. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah, a total of 4" of snow this winter which amounted to one salting and one plow/salt so far. And it is supposed to be in the HIGH 50's this time next week. So much for the oh my God it's going to be another bad winter, (unless you are in lake effect area, then it's been brutal.) RIDICULOUS!

4. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Ridiculous is one way to put it. We've plowed almost ever day this week; sometimes twice in one day. Another storm tonight thru Saturday morning. Been really busy but I guess it's making up for zero in December

5. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Working on 4th plow for the week. Waiting for it to stop now. :)

6. derekslawncare

So it would seem that some of us can't buy a storm and others would pay for it to stop.

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Here it is.

latest-snowfall.jpg

8. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

It is all over in the other "Where is the snow?" thread. :laughing:

9. lawn king

I have travel plans next weekend so im sure it will snow then!

10. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

It's of course the winter where we buy 2 new plows then we only have had 4 inches, this time last winter we had around 10". I saw the other day on the weather channel that it was snowing in Florida!? I know its not here... Frustrating

11. derekslawncare

Tell me about it. After the salt fiasco of last winter, I bought a shipping container and 25 tons of salt along with a skid steer to load it, spent about $50k so I would be ready to go and not have to worry about trying to find salt, and as you said, NOTHING. IT SUCKS, but I look at the salt as money in the bank. Whatever isn't used this year, will be around for next, and it's not going to get cheaper, so oh well.

12. sota

sota Senior Member
    from NJ

sorry... it's all my fault. I bought a plow for the jeep and I grew a beard so my face would be warm.

13. derekslawncare

Welcome to the industry and to PS. Hope you have a good season.

14. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Wish someone around would buy a new plow!

15. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Leasing a new Bobcat, bought a LiveBoxx, and an inverted blower.

Hasn't worked yet.

16. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

Yep... We landed a larger contract this winter that we used to do for about 10 years. They got rid of us because they wanted one company to do all of their lots in Kansas City kansas and missouri... Well that didn't go to well for them going one contract with one company so we got called back this summer. We bid it and we get it so we had to buy another truck and 2 plows for the truck we bought and the other plow for our 1 ton that we already owned. We bought one for the 1 ton because the plow on that truck the first snow event we got this year the a frame broke on it! So we had to buy another 7,000 dollar plow for it. So after that expense I'm hearing 50's next week?!?! Guess instead of plowing we will be mowing again lol

17. GMC Driver

GMC Driver Senior Member

You're lying.

18. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Lol.........

19. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

Mark are you sure it wasn't a Xbox that hasn't worked yet And not a liveBoxx?

20. lawn king

I purchased a new 7' zm snow pusher for my kubota loader, i havent even bothered to adjust the cutting edge on it! I guess i could use it as a paperweight!