1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where is the snow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 04trd, Dec 29, 2014.

1. 04trd

04trd Senior Member

Anyone getting snow? Here in Cleveland Ohio we haven't gotten anything. It's actually nice

2. boss2013

boss2013 Junior Member

We haven't had hardly anything. It's winters like this that I am glad I don't owe on any equipment, just send the wife to work everyday:)

3. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

Nothing in Nova Scotia. I can't recall the last time we didn't have snow by now. :realmad:

4. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

No snow here. Using my snow plow as a yard ornament.

5. KFX450RXC

KFX450RXC Member

I know we're NC and not exactly the "snow belt". But all they've been talking about for months is how cold and wet this winter is supposed to be.

Weatherman just said tonight that for the next two weeks, we're going to be in a unusually warm pattern with some highs in the 60s. :(

6. bub3020

bub3020 Member
    from ma.

Haven't been out since thanksgiving here! Not glad I added another truck.:(

7. 04trd

04trd Senior Member

Either we aren't going to get much snow this year or we will have snow up till July.

8. cdmckane

cdmckane Member

I've been out 4x here in CNY, but right now, I could mow the grass. In fact, I may dethatch and aerate it tomorrow just because I'm that bored.

9. 04trd

04trd Senior Member

In Cleveland we had 3 events in November but other than that it's been in the 50s! Getting pretty bored around here especially because I'm a heavy equipment operator by trade and it's too wet to even do that

10. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

X2 on that. We've had 3 or 4 events here in Erie but nothing for a few weeks now. Might go do a small drainage job just to break the boredom

11. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Lovin' the no snow. xysport

12. procuts0103

procuts0103 Senior Member

Yep this is absolutely BS. We need snow.

13. lfaulstick

lfaulstick Member
    from PA

No snow here for few weeks in north central pa either...November and beginning of December was pretty decent not a lot but enough to stay busy....then nothing ...so. Bored I pulled vbox out and fixed a septic system today...

14. fairwaymowing

fairwaymowing Member

I don't know what you guys are talking about.....I've done over 100 inches so far in buffalo

15. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

I have only plowed 5 times this year. and that was only in two storms so i feel more like ive plowed 2 times and salted 4. I am bored outta my mind and i cant even think of things to work on...

16. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Had 2storms in November and it showed up it Colorado again on Xmas, plowed Xmas night, Friday and Saturday. Just got in from plowing 5" of fluff and will be out again in about 5hrs.

17. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

We have had only 3 events to plow here. This morning ......-12* temp.!!

18. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

I've had 6 full runs & a few cleanup & sanding/salting days

19. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

Plowed once and had a few salt events. No snow in the long range forecast either.

20. One. plow/salt event in November.