1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where is the snow???

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by maharoni8766, Jan 6, 2012.

1. maharoni8766

maharoni8766 Junior Member
    from Chicago

Living and working in the burbs of chicago i havent had a single plow-able event:cry: Starting to get a little nervous, how are the rest of y'all holding up?
  2. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

But accuweather said it was going to be a brutal winter! :laughing:
    It's 50 around here.
  3. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

I havent drop my blade yet this winter. Im not going to lie. I kinda like it. Thumbs Up I got alot of other things for income. I dont count on snow at all.
  4. Steve8511

Steve8511 Junior Member

I think everyone has just rolled with no winter but.....it's getting weird. Has there ever been a warmer winter to this point?

BOSS LAWN Senior Member

Has been six years ago to the best of my knowledge. I stay bored waiting for the snow to fall, winter started slow but I know we are in for a surprise.
  6. fireside

fireside Senior Member

I plowed only one storm 16" in october go figure. The plows and sanders are off 2 trucks and the machines are still in the shop(still not on site). At this time i'm getting worried most of are snow is betwen dec 6 and the third week of january. I'm hoping for the best but i don't see snow for the next three weeks.
  7. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

i like some other think we are going to get a dumping but it just proves mother narure can't be predicted regardless of the high tech equipment.
  8. tonylillo

tonylillo Senior Member

I can tell you now, we will not get any snow this winter. I put a plow on my truck for the first time, so that means no snow, its like when I wash my car, every forecast could be for no rain for days, guess what it rains within 2 hours, this is my luck, unfortunately you all got sucked into my bad luck.
  9. Paulie's Plowin

Paulie's Plowin Member

AHH come on now! It'll snow Keep the faith.

BOSS LAWN Senior Member

x2 on that, hopefully this coming week (3-4)! payup
  11. Paulie's Plowin

Paulie's Plowin Member

Well maybe for you guys up there but think were into some rain down here in jersey
  12. ddesens

ddesens Junior Member

I washed my plow today. I have yet to use it also.
  13. vintage steel

vintage steel Member

I have been wanting to build a plow truck for ten years. I finally got to do it this year. I did it relatively cheap but still spent more than I could afford (roll the dice). I can't afford to wait, the truck is now for sale on Craigslist. Unless we get significant snow fall soon it will stay there till it sells . 10 day extended forecast doesn't look promising. That sucks.
  14. Jacobsmovinsnow

Jacobsmovinsnow Senior Member

Whats that Daddy??????????Oh thats what they call a snow plow. Whats snow Daddy ????? Oh if its cold enough the rain turns to stuff you find in mommys freezer. (Right beside the cat, she doesnt want to part with). But Son the world is in a warming trend, whether natural or caused by mankind cuz we think we are so smart. So it wont be snowing as much as it did in the past.
  15. Luis@ NJ

Luis@ NJ Member

Man I'm surprised only one little storm so far. Poor plow just siting there waiting to push the snow :help: lol

BOSS LAWN Senior Member

I hear ya, my blades are sitting around getting fat from all the waiting... but staying positive! :mechanic:
  17. Luis@ NJ

Luis@ NJ Member

Yea we gotta stay positive. If we dont get a lot of snow then I will just hit the landscaping harder in the spring. payup
  18. Canplow

Canplow Senior Member

I put a plow on my truck for first time aswell and Im having the same thought! But I washed it today so maybe things will change Im going crazy!tymusic
  19. Well snow not here yet January 9 of 2012 middle 40s
  20. Red_Rattler

Red_Rattler Senior Member

Just said on the news it hasnt been this dry since 1904 around these parts...