1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

where is the snow!?!?!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by landscape1, Jan 2, 2012.

1. landscape1

landscape1 Junior Member

Went out last night for the first time this season, this is not right, where the heck is the snow????:cry:

2. josh_cronin

josh_cronin Junior Member

i'm about 30 minutes south of you and we have had (the largest snow fall) bout 1/4"...thats it. AND of course we bought another truck for this season, so it may be my fault we haven't had snow yet...lol

3. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

This season has been and will be a dud. So much for all the brutal winter predictions. It is pretty hard to make equipment decisions on a hope and a prayer.

4. FinerCuts

FinerCuts Member
    from Iowa

Thats what sucks when it comes to snow, atleast in summer you know you are going to be landscaping and mowin. I have been out once this year and that is it.

5. landscape1

landscape1 Junior Member

Josh, not just your fault I bought another plow too! That will teach us!
    Cant even go ice fishin...this SUCKS!!
    Thankfully where I plow at calls me if there is a 1/4 - 1/2 inch unless its warm enough to melt the same day, even so I have only been out once so far

6. bob coco

bob coco Member

LOL, We have no snow on the East coast either. Last February I bought an additional brand new truck and plow and then in the Spring I bought another new plow. So I have 2 plows that don't have a scratch on them. I also bought a new sander a few months ago too.

7. banonea

banonea PlowSite Fanatic

we have been out 2 in rochester, mn makes me glad I didnt buy the sander I was going to. it sucks beacuse we started to fix eguipment in july so we were ready for the snow and we aint seen **** here

8. onsight

onsight Senior Member

Yup - looks like this winter is a bust. There is still time left so hopefully we all end up O.K. at the end.

9. onsight

onsight Senior Member

There were guys out on Wind Lake this evening - I don't know how thick the ice is, but maybe you can get some fishing in before our next warm-up.

10. LAB INC

LAB INC Senior Member

11. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

People gotta chill out... winter started 2 weeks ago... itll come for most of us... with my area getting yhe least out of most people's

12. automoto

automoto Member

13. LAB INC

LAB INC Senior Member

14. madskier1986

madskier1986 Senior Member

It figures that I just expanded my services to included snow plowing this year. So this fall, I bought the whole set up. Truck, Plow, Salt, Snow blowers, shovels and have used the plow once for like 2 hours. Well, twice on my driveway cause I can. Should of sold the weather predictions and got a seasonal rate from everybody.

15. CT-TILEMAN

CT-TILEMAN Member

Weather forecast in CT thru next Monday - above freezing and clear...highs between 35-40 degrees.

:dizzy:

16. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

Clear warm and dry here for at least till the middle of next week. This is getting to be my worst winter in 9 years.