1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where is the sno way forum?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PapaSnowPlow, Mar 12, 2011.

1. PapaSnowPlow

PapaSnowPlow Junior Member

they have a nice pusher style plow called the megablade revolution for trucks. anyone run them? They'd be perfect for HOAs with lots of cars parked.

2. PapaSnowPlow

3. lilpusher

lilpusher Senior Member
    from Indiana

You can search old threads for snoway

4. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

There were some issues with snoway plows, and that led to even more issues on the snoway forum, that led to snoway pulling their sponsorship, and asking for the forum to be taken down. So for the past 2 seasons, there hasn't been anything for reference here anymore. However if you ask a question there are several guys on here that run snoway plows, as well as a couple guys that are very knowledgeable about them as well.

I personally have an older snoway V plow that I love. It is slower than my boss V, but it seems to scrape better, and it has down pressure for back dragging.

5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I thought they went out of business when they took down there forum. Who wants to buy a product from a company that pulls its sponsorship from a website that promotes there product and when the product has issues and starts receiving critcism they run and hide. The only good thing that came out of snoway is dp,other then that I think there product is junk.

6. PapaSnowPlow

damn. I really like the look of their new plows. very interesting that they removed the forum. wtf. This thing looks to be even more productive than a blizzard or wideout.

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Look for "basher" on here.

8. R.G.PEEL

R.G.PEEL 2000 Club Member
    from Toronto

Pappasnowplow, I have a couple of their blades, one of them being the megablade revolution you posted the link of. They certainly had their problems which is what led to the criticism and eventual pull of sponsorship on here. At the same time you are absolutely right that they are by far the most productive plow that I've ever seen for a pickup. They are extremely heavy, you will need to put a heavier coil in a ford and I wouldn't even consider it on a chev or dodge (not talking about preference, but rather about front spring capacity) After owning it, I can't imagine going back to plowing without it.

My suggestion would be to wait another year or so to give them more time to work out the problems. I recieved a brand new plow from them this fall because of all the problems that it was having. There are many changes to the design which strengthen and improve its power. They are on track to making it work as good as the concept seems. You can see how it works by checking out my pics or youtube vids. Look up r.g. peel construction pics and vids thread.

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If you are considering a 3/4 ton truck you should consider the 29R. The revo belongs on a 450 or heavier class truck. The 29R is just as productive on a lighter more compact package with far less amperage draw. I personally ran a 29R through 10 events last season from 1.5" of icey mix though two back to backs,a 5" inch storm in the morning and a 12 inch storm that night. Maybe the most productive unit I have ever used.

10. forbidden

forbidden Senior Member

With what is going on with Blizzard right now, this new plow has most certainly caught my attention. If I were Snoway, I would take that as an opportunity to get back on here and move forward with life.