1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where is the love?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BushHogBoy, Jan 24, 2005.

1. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

C'mon man why can't we get any snow????? This winter has been awful.
    First we get 24" of snow in 24 hrs, the Wednesday before Christmas it started Wednesday morning, ended Thursday morning. We were all paralyzed. I didn't even have my 4x4 yet, just had the dually F350 flatbed with nearly bald tires (2wd). My big snowblower had frozen water in the carb and wouldn't start. Didn't have a heater to thaw it even. The garden tractor had carburetor problems also but not iced up, plus it would not push 2' anyway. Could not get to jobsites (residential's) since side streets hadn't been plowed even days after the snow. So i bought a new Toro snowblower that I didn't really need except for that one storm. Made plenty of money once we got a system worked out. Borrowed a heater and got the big blower thawed out and flushed the system good.... put both blowers on front of 12' trailer behind the dually and went at it... only got stuck twice. I got done with my work 5 days after the snow came.
    Then we had major flooding with record levels. Now I have my 4x4 and the plow, a garden tractor with plows on it front and back (got it straightened out), and two snowblowers. Where is the snow???? Everyone's gettin pounded but we have got less than an inch in the last 3-4 days...

NOT FAIR!!!!