1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where is the blade speed adjustment (pics)?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by KenH, Dec 29, 2012.

1. KenH

KenH Junior Member
    from 5a

Picked up an older Fisher plow (I think) and am trying to figure out how to adjust the lowering blade speed. Can anyone tell me from the pictures which is the adjustment for the blade speed?? I cant find any manufacturer/ID markings on the unit to make life easier. Thanks

DSCN2338.JPG

DSCN2339.JPG

2. Chiputz

Chiputz Senior Member

It's called the quill. it's the slotted head adjustment closest to the electrical cover and the pump housing. Adjust it in a little at a time to slow the blade dropping. If the pump starts to strain to lift the plow back it out again.

3. KenH

KenH Junior Member
    from 5a

Thanks. So in the top picture, would you say the quill is right above the white circle, near the electrical box??

4. daman

daman Member

[​IMG]

That is your quill,turn out to increase speed down or turn in to slow speed down.

5. KenH

KenH Junior Member
    from 5a

Awesome, thanks.

6. daman

daman Member

No problem.