1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where is Everyone From?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chuck Smith, Sep 28, 2000.

1. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Just curious, what State is everyone from?

I think so many of us being close to NY is going to make the get together BBQ/Expo a huge success. Hopefully it will be the first of many annual get togethers/Expos.

Many of you were saying you were too far away to attend, and I can understand that. I think maybe if we know just how far apart we all are, it would be easy to plan more localized get togethers in the future.

Someone generous like John (ny snow pros) might get the idea to have one in a different area. What also may help, is knowing how far we'd be willing to drive to go to an Expo.

Turf magazine posted they'd be glad to help anyone organize an expo too.

I guess I'll start by saying I'm in New Jersey. We know Geoff is in Maine, and John (NY snow pros) is of course in New York. I would imagine Iowastorm is in Iowa....

Anyone else?

~Chuck Smith
    New Jersey

2. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

West Michigan

3. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

Connecticut here

Well, most of you know i live in connecticut, but most don't know that i live in greenwich. don't get the impression that i live in a mansion. whenever it snows, people worry and will give you $$$ to shovel your driveway. I know JCurtis lives in Stamford, CT. Everyone close enough should go to the lawnsite bbq on this saturday. from here it's only about a 1hr drive, so everyone near me should be there.

Bryan

4. Doug406

Doug406 Member

Southern Michigan

Yes Michigan!

5. Chip

Chip Member

Pennsylvania
    about 20 miles northeast of philly. I have been a lurker on the snow plow board now that it is starting to get colder. Have been posting a little on the landscape forum. Landscape maintenance for about 12 years, plowing for about 5 years. Still have a lot to learn about the plow business I'm learning from this forum. Thanks to everyone.
    When I get my October bills paid I will probably join SIMA.
    I need to learn more about the commercial aspect of the business. Residential is not a problem, I am finding that I'm too cheap on the few commercial accounts that I have and would like to expand my business more into the commercial and industrial accounts.

6. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

My home is central Iowa

7. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

Where in Michigan, Doug?

8. cutntrim

cutntrim PlowSite.com - Veteran

I'm in Burlington. No not Vermont...Ontario. It's between Hamilton and Toronto. About an hour to an hour-and-a-half from Buffalo.

9. # 1 PLOWTECH WES/MEYER

# 1 PLOWTECH WES/MEYER Junior Member

Illinois, North of the windy city. Mother Nature,
    Please bring us the white gold!! Wife is pregnant
    and spending money faster than i can make it!

10. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Central NJ. Chuck I sent you an E-mail a while ago since we're almost neighbors, but you never responded :( Maybe I'll meet you at the BBQ. Speaking of that, I was talking to John Parker the other day & he said people are going to the BBQ from as far away as Michigan & Ohio! So to answer your other question, people will travel pretty far for such an Expo.

11. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Maine, up in the woods.

Geoff

12. Wilburn Parks

Wilburn Parks PlowSite.com Veteran

Troy,Michigan

13. Tim1075

Tim1075 Senior Member

New Jersey

I live in Allendale NJ its in northern NJ.

14. stslawncare

stslawncare Senior Member

hey, ill post for a few of us save u other guys time, i live in wilmington Delaware. I know bob, scraper live within about 10 minutes of me. there are a few other guys in pa also.

15. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

I'm just north of Burlington,, no, not Ontario, Vermont. Rumors had it that there were flurries on My. Mansfield today,, six weeks and we'll get it in the valley,, hopefully!

16. iowastorm

iowastorm Senior Member

I'm from Des Moines, Iowa. Here's wishing everybody a busy and profitable winter season!

17. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Flint, Michigan. Buick City.

18. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

BRL I got your e mail. Sorry I didn't respond. I enjoyed reading about your experience in the blizzard of 96 and you Blazer. I have so many mails I want to respond to, but they pile up faster than I can respond. Like right now for instance. I have 146 mails in my in box.

Add to that this forum, the Chevy forum here, volunteering at allexperts.com, and being a volunteer on aol, plus being the webmaster of 2 busy websites, well, you get the picture.

Yes, I'll be at the BBQ, I'll be there with my little brother. Pretty hard to miss, he's 6'6" :)

~Chuck
    (I also know where a lot of the posters here are from, but I'm not one to disclose that info on the net. I left it up to them if they want it known.)

19. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Erie, PA ...... where the REAL snow is....

20. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Oh yeah... I was in Philadelphia today. Was not impressed with downtown Philly.... streets too narrow, too many people, buildings too tall..... ugggg.

To Tim1075 - email me your address if you're interested in plowing some First Union Banks.

Chip - you too.

john@allinco.com