1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

where is a good place to get a cross over relief valve

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kcplowman, Jan 7, 2012.

1. kcplowman

kcplowman Member

Hey guys I am getting ready to start a project. I am converting a 7.5 meyer plow to a skid loader mount. Where r u guys getting your crossover relief valves? And also is there any need to put some sort of restrictor on the hydraulic lines when connected to a skid loader? Thanks

2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  3. LON

LON Senior Member

Be careful of restrictor's after the cross-over relief valve. Put them on at the cylinder and you may as well of not put on a cross-over valve because the cylinder reaction will be slowed by the restrictor. Remember, when you strike an object you want the oil dumping out of the cylinder as fast as possible. At the quick coupler going to the skid steer would be better.

4. snocrete

snocrete Banned

That makes sense now that I think about it....thanks! I'm glad we took our restrictors out all together. Even after drilling them out, they still "restricted" flow more than we liked.

5. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict