1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where in ME, NH, or MASS do you buy bulk liquid deicer?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by affprop, Dec 2, 2003.

1. affprop

affprop Junior Member

Where is the best place to buy liquid de-icing in bulk around Maine, Hew Hampshire, or Mass? I live in Maine but I will probably have to travel for it. I am getting my spray rig next week 12/12. I would like to be stocked up before It gets here. Also what is the best liquid de-icer for cement and is it ok for pavement to. I had a name of a place in Mass, but I cant find it now. Thank you.

2. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Lesco

3. KatWalk

KatWalk Member

Northeast Nursery....Peabody, MA (978)535-6550 They have magic in bulk. Actually, call Taconic Maint. Last I heard they were setting up a shop in Portland.

4. lotsoflights

lotsoflights Member

where in Ct?

where in Ct can you get it in bulk???still Lesco?

Craig:confused: :confused:

5. BWinkel

BWinkel Senior Member

You could try WH Shurtleff in Portland

6. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Taconic Maint in Poughkeepsie, NY
    WH Shurleff in Portland, Me
    Certified Maint in Manchester, NH
    Or call me in Palermo, Me. (207) 993-2112

Mick

7. EFC

EFC Junior Member
    from US

Try Bare Ground Systems in Albany, NY and Lowell MA.
    (888) 800-8356.

8. affprop

affprop Junior Member

Thank you to all. Had a wonderful conversation with Jim (or John) cant remember, I guess it wasnt that wonderful, anyway he was telling me that during a meeting he had the day before, that spreading anything with Magnesium chloide was more corrosive than Calcium Chloride. And that the stuff that works the best on walkways was more expensive than the stuff you put down in a parking lot, basicly saying you need two different products. I dont agree with that there has got to be something out there that will work on both affordably. Oh by the way that conversation was with shurtleff saleman. He recomended Excaliber for the walkways and a different mix for the parking lots. Im so confused.