1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where I mounted My Fish Stik.. Pics included

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Tumas, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Tumas

Tumas Member
    from NFLD

I came up with an idea this evening.. I decided to mount my fish stik on my shifter. (5 Speed) It only took a few min. to do and it really feels comfortable IMO. It may last, it may not.. Just took apart my Fishstik casing, drilled two holes in it, and used two small sell taping screws in the side of the shifter..... What Do you think??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If it becomes uncomfortable, or a pain in the ass, I will just take it off. I am trying to eliminate having to have the steering wheel in one hand, and switching from the gear stick, to the fish stik. This brings the fish stik very close to the gear stick, for a quick switch.... I can even shift the truck with it if I want.. It will not come off. Let me know what you think.. all opinions are appreciated.. good and bad.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
  2. MRBachand

MRBachand Senior Member

Cool man! IF it holds up that will turn to second nature. Be alot less fatigue for ya too. By looking at it, It may be more comfortable to be on the other side? That way your palm is still on the shifter, and if your thumb is long enough.... Great idea.

3. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

I just put mine between the consoul and seat, my hand seems to rest there anyway and just hangs near it..oh and just throwing it out there, my bud needs a controller , either a joy or fish...

4. Tumas

Tumas Member
    from NFLD

I dont expect to be the first one to do this.. but I couldnt find any similar pics on here... If I would have mounted it on the other side it would hit the dash while shifting.

5. MRBachand

MRBachand Senior Member

Be sure to update us after the first storm.

6. Tumas

Tumas Member
    from NFLD

Willdo... Should be alright!

7. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

8. wdcs1

wdcs1 Member

Fisher should come up with a new knob with controls in it to take place of the factory shift knob

9. samjr

samjr Senior Member

that cool man

looks good man i got a 04 sierra auto and i cant figger out where to my stick i am thinking of right bside the key hole there for the air bagtymusic