1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where/how to mount joystick on Chevy w/console?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by mullis56, Jun 10, 2006.

1. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Where is the best place to MOUNT or USE the JOYSTICK controller on a 2500/3500 Chevy with center console? Pics would be great!!

2. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

I found the handheld controller to be more convenient than a joystick so you may want to think about it. Anyway, the best thing to do is to sit in your truck and rest your arm as usual and mount the joystick so it is in easy distance and reach for your hand. I have a 2500HD but purchased the handheld controller and am very glad that I did.
  3. GA73

GA73 Member

i bought a mount for a blizzard control. has a platform to mount joystick to and a strap with velcro to wrap around the consel.
  4. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Anyone else have input on mounting controller with a center console?
  5. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

I had a bracket made for my V and back blade controller. It mounts to the inside of the of the center console. Works great.
  6. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Any pics?

Do you have any pics of your set up?
  7. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Anyone have pics or suggestions on what to do or wear to mount? Thanks!
  8. Rbronkema psfd

Rbronkema psfd Member

HI I have a boss vee and with the joystick I mounted the controller to the center console using a bracket from the factory. This bracket I found in the box where my controlle was and all the other parts. Wiring and stuff. It is a L-bracket. Here are some pics.
    I really like this mounting it is comforitable and it doesn't look all that bad. Hope this helps.

pic 1.jpg

pic 2.jpg

pic 3.jpg

pic 4.jpg
  9. john boardman

john boardman Member

I have the full console armrest all the way to the dash. Bucket seats not split bench. I bought the handheld and plan to wire the light toggle and controller into the console(under the cupholders/ashtray bin open space) looks as if there is enough room in there and it remains hidden in the offseason. Even thought about buying an extra bin so that I could cut holes in this one without worrying about it.
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2006
  10. peterk800xc

peterk800xc Senior Member

Mullis- you have a PM

Mullis- I have my joystick mounted on the side of my consoles cupholder.When not using the plow as in Spring, I unplug the control, remove the cupholder insert and put a new one in its placeThe joystick stays affixed to the original cupholder.Quick and simple to do.I used all the black L brackets provided with the plow to mount the joystick. My dealer saw it and thought it was the neatest install hes seen! Cannot put pics here for some reason so if anyone else would like pics of it let me know and I will gladly e mail them.. Pete
  11. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Just made up a new mount for mine. Cut a piece of wood to fit into the storage pocket thing, and put some angle iron on it to screw the controller to. Man its comfortable there, i can keep my arm rested on the center console while i use it.

Also i finally got sick of how on the joystick you press up (forward) to 'float' and down (back) to raise. So i spun it around so when down it down and up is up. But with that the left & right were backwards so i flipped the left/right angle hoses on the plow so it would work the way i want it to. .... did i make sense?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2006
  12. ALarsh

ALarsh Senior Member

I'm not sure how close you sit to the pedals but I know I would be cramped over the whole time reaching for that joystick. Mine is mounted so I can be leaning back in the chair. Glad it works for you though.

13. 06HD BOSS

My seat is back almost all the way and the controller is perfect arms length without stretching. Ive got a long wing-span lol
    Also i dunno about leaning back in the chair while plowing, i like to be checking out all my obstacles and stuff
  14. ipc

ipc Junior Member

I made a leg strap out of an old belt with velcro attachment. Just gotta remember to unsrat when I'm tired:dizzy:
  15. Northland

Northland Senior Member

I havent done it yet but my plan was to build a platfor out of a pvc pipe that would slide into my cup holder tight enough when you take the rubber out that would hold it there. Like I said...havent done it yet...but gonna try soon... I'll let you know when i pick up the new plow.
  16. 06HD BOSS

Hey my buddy did the same thing. I think he got a 3" pvc and glued it to the bottom of the joystick and glued into the cupholder with some heavy duty glue. Without gluing it in the thing flopped everywhere and was sloppy. Just a heads up. I dunno is 4" pvc would be too big..never measured the cup holder.
  17. ALarsh

ALarsh Senior Member

Must be a real long wing span. :jester: :drinkup:
  18. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Anyone use the handheld controller?

I can shift and raise with the same hand, and steer with the other.
  19. 06HD BOSS

I have used it but didnt like it. I guess im more old fashion when it comes to feeling more control of the plow with a joystick. Although the handhelds are convienient
  20. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

I know what you mean about old fashioned. I was used to the rocker switch box on my old BOSS-V. At first the handheld seemed odd. But like I said, being able to control the plow, and shift the auto trans shifter with the same hand is VERY advantageous. Leaves the left hand for steering.

I never had my old rocker switch box mounted. I simply placed it on the seat between my left thigh and the door panel. I worked the switches with my left hand, and did everything else with my right. Was a nice setup. If I had to go back to a switch or joystick, I would have to mount it on the left side to allow me to shift.